Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Playing iPod Thru VDJ !!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i know there has to be a way to do this....please some1 let me kno thanks

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 1:49 am
iPods are locked to iTunes.

Not gonna work.

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 8:02 am

you need to "hack" the iPod and format it as an external drive.

But that will loose its interaction with itunes :)

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 9:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
aslo possibly its ipod funtions if u wipe it !

Posted Mon 18 Jun 07 @ 10:56 am
iyananiHome userMember since 2007
there has to be a way. With the Numark Director you can play your songs directly from the Ipod.

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 12:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
if you want to mix with ipods get an idj2.

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 4:48 am
Much easier to use an external hard drive, or multiple USB memory sticks

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 11:23 am
I also wish there was a way... Traktor can do it! I would like to use CUE for mixing but all my music is in my Ipod (and an external HD I don't want to take to my gigs)
Traktor can recognize my Ipod as both a HD and as Itunes.
I know CUE reads Itunes playlists from the computer, but not those on my Ipod!! Weird!!
I have CUE LE but I'm guessing it's the same with the full version?

Posted Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 12:03 pm
if you want to mix with ipods get an idj2.

I agree with Skyfx. Why would you want to make your ipod play through vdj? Can't seem to find any benefit in it.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 3:04 pm
There are benefits, a lot. I store my music in my Ipod, I don't use my laptop's HD. I can store quite a lot in my Ipod and it is quite portable. Think of the Ipod as an external HD but with the possibility of listening, rating and selecting tracks for my sets on the go. If CUE was able to recognize the Itunes playlists stored in the Ipod it would make it more versatile. After all it can recognize the Itune playlists stored in the laptop's HD why not the ones in the Ipod?
Oh, and i want to use a mixing software not the IDJs... that's why I'm sticking to Traktor for now.

Posted Sun 07 Dec 08 @ 12:20 pm
OK THERE IS A WAY TO DO THIS. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN RIP YOUR MUSIC OFF YOUR IPOD WITH I-DUMP. ITS A FREE SOFTWARE THAT LETS YOU COPY YOUR SONGS FROM YOUR IPOD TO YOUR PC. ONCE YOU DO ALL THAT, OPEN "MY COMPUTER". OPEN THE DRIVE YOUR IPOD IS ON. IF YOU HAVE ROOM IN YOUR IPOD, GET YOUR PLAYLIST OR EVERY SONG YOU WANT AND PLACE THEM IN THE IPOD DRIVE. WHEN YOU COPY ALL YOUR SONGS TO YOUR IPOD DRIVE YOUR DONE.

OPEN UP VIRTUAL DJ AND ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE FIND YOUR IPOD DRIVE. THERE IT WILL SHOW YOU ALL THE MUSIC YOU COPIED TO IT. AND THERE YOU GO. A CLEAN SET FOR ANY PARTY. NEVER FAILED ME YET.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 10:36 pm
I dont have IPOD CLASSIC NOR the 1st NANo
but it should work....

-----------------------------------e
Ipod Nano 2nd Gene.
----------------------------------
Nano 2nd Gene.
In my VDJ for some reason i don't have refresh Itunes Files /Playlist or so... ***

To play IPOD Whach U do is...::::
1) Plug Ur Ipod***.
GO TO MY COMPUTER..
LOOK FOR G:\ ( In my Case )
2) ENABLE** Manual Manage music and videos >>>> ENABLE** DISK USE
3)Ipod Drive in MY COMPUTER >>>iPod_Control<<<<FOLDER)
-------If You don't see it Your going to have to UNHIDE FROM WINDOWS.. (**UNHIDE WINDOWS FILES AND FOLDERS*)
4) Right Click Properties UNCHECK HIDEN *** ALL FOLDERS AND SUBFOLDERS**
5) Click OK

THEN

6)ON VIRTUAL DJ
Look For MYCOMPUTER G:\( My Case) RIGHT CLIK RECURSE AND BAM Ur MUsic Is there...
You can add to favorites from here../

Now every-time You unplug Ur Ipod the folder will disappear. And You Must got To Simple Step 4
Thats it.. IM LOOKING IN A WAY AROUND.. make sure u RIGHT CLIK RECURSE in VIrtual DJ:

- Topic: PLAY IPOD WITH Virtual DJ ... IM MIXING WITH IPODS NOW... -

Posted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 5:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)