Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 4.2 Still falling over and outputting white noise

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've already posted about this in the bug report section but a) that forum looks almost dead and b) find it hard to believe that this is a rare problem, since I see it on two seperate PCs and two completely different sound cards.... after several hours use 4.2 just starts putting out loud white noise. Today it started doing it while I was playing music - previously I'd only encountered it when neither deck was playing. I'd thought this might be a usb power management problem (i.e. port going to sleep mode) but since shutting down VDJ after I get the noise, it has to be a bug. (Not to mention the fact that I changed my XP power management setting to forbid the port to enter low-power mode)

Has anyone else encountered this? If this happens in a club you'll surely be laughed off-stage, cos it'll be game over. I can't imagine anything breaking the vibe faster than 3000 watts of sudden white noise followed by frantic keyboard tapping.

Please look in the bug report forum if you want to see my hardware setup but this cannot be explained by latency settings for my sound card. This is not a buffering problem, this is VDJ suddenly outputting junk to the sound card.

(Tell you what: I'll save you the time of looking in the bug forum: My hardware setups are a Dell D410 Pentium-M, laptop with Plantronics USB headset .audio 550 ((Micronas USB chipset)) and the Plantronics .audio 500 ((C-Media USB chipset)) 1Gb of memory - the other hardware is a dual core Athlon 4200, Asus m/b with N-Force SLI chipset, 2Gb of memory - Gforce 7800GTX etc.. etc.. Sound hardware Hercules Mk2 in WDM mode - auto latency/fast settings, Creative X-Fi audio. Have tried the Herc in ASIO mode with ASIO4All - doesn't make any differece to reliability)

Has anyone else encountered this after running version 4.2 for 5-6 hours or so continuously?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 07 @ 5:29 pm
ve2fgsHome userMember since 2005

Posted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:28 am
cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks. I've added to that chain on the link.

Posted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 1:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)