Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Only 1 CREW can bring 2 COMPETING LA radio stations' TOP TURNTABLISTS together! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

My dj crew "LEGEND Entertainment" will be hosting "The Source" this Friday night at the big and luxurious Garden of Eden in Los Angeles THIS Friday, January 26th 2007. http://www.legendentertainment.com/

I'll be there with my turntablist partners Icy Ice (93.5 KDAY, Beat Junkies, Divine Forces Radio KPFK 90.7, Stacks Vinyl), Melo-D (Music Director @ 93.5 KDAY, Beat Junkies), and special guest E-Man (Music Director @ 105.9 Power106 - http://www.power106.com/mixers/eman.aspx ).

As soon as the Mac version of VDJ and/or Virtual Vinyl is released (or if the beta becomes available and is stable) and TCV issues are resolved, I'll be able to give Atomix/Numark exposure at this level of club and among these high profile, long time turntablist partners and friends of mine! ;)

Anyone who will be in the area can feel free to contact me for guestlist and bottle service. FYI, "The Source" is the name of the first weekly club that my dj crew started back in 1992 at the Variety Arts Center here in Los Angeles back in 1992. This event will be OFF THE HOOK!

Peace all!

- ConQuest

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 2:09 am
good luck with your event. be careful of exploding macs.....lol

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:49 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
can you video and or record some audio that would be dope to hear some of the event for those of us in other sections of the planet ;)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:36 am
I'll ask Ice if he can bring a video camera from Stacks.

I'm gonna start putting videos up on these forums very soon for various reasons anyway. ;)

I just don't know if we can do tomorrows event on such short notice, but I'll try! =)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:43 am

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:07 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well i expect a free vip jet , and vip entrance ofcourse lol=)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well if you can't video why not just tap the sound from the board for a little bit?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:53 pm
where's the groupie babes???

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:32 pm
i think ConQuest's pissed at me cuz I never miss an opportunity to mention exploding macs.....I actually like 'im tho......i don't mean i wanna pick out curtains or anything...lol....anyway if his belief in macs is any indication, it seems he's a good guy to have on yer side......so i'm gonna break down and finally say why ConQuest should like New Found Glory.....cuz at the beginning of one of there videos they say this is for the cool mac people, or words to that effect....i saw it on a yahoo video......
and again good luck at the gig man , break a leg!

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 5:40 pm
skyfxl wrote :
well i expect a free vip jet , and vip entrance ofcourse lol=)

The jet's waiting for you at the airport!

HURRY UP SKY, AND HIT THE SKY!!!

VIP entrance? You'll own the club before the end of the night if you promise not to tell any of us to adjust or performance settings during the gig... looks like you're not gonna own the club because I KNOW you won't be able to resist. ;)

chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
where's the groupie babes??

Passed out in my bedroom after 53 rounds of playing... CHECKERS!!!

i think ConQuest's pissed at me cuz I never miss an opportunity to mention exploding macs.....I actually like 'im tho......i don't mean i wanna pick out curtains or anything...lol....

I'm not pissed because you mention exploding Macs, I'm pissed about the curtains. You keep putting it off and OUR carpet's getting sun damaged! ;)

anyway if his belief in macs is any indication, it seems he's a good guy to have on yer side......

Damn right! You here that Atomix and Numark!!! =P

ConQuest should like New Found Glory.....cuz at the beginning of one of there videos they say this is for the cool mac people, or words to that effect....i saw it on a yahoo video......

THEY ROCK! I couldn't name a single song of theirs, but if they like all of us cool Mac people, then they're cool with me! =)

and again good luck at the gig man , break a leg!

I'll drink 10 Long Islands just for you.. then I'll be sure to break a leg somehow!

=)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 8:45 pm
I'm curious. What do you mean when you say, My dj crew "LEGEND Entertainment"? What is it you actually do? Are you the owner, manager, a member, or groupie? Are you the roadie, spokesmen, go getter, or an actual partner? Are you the promoter, minister of propaganda, member of the security team? Will you be playing on this night as a headliner, or a warm-up act? Which one of the guys on the flyer is you? Are you capable of standing on your own, or is your career dependent upon being around some group of other DJs? BTW, is ConQuest your DJ name, or are you known as something else?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 9:27 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I'm curious. What do you mean when you say, My dj crew "LEGEND Entertainment"? What is it you actually do? Are you the owner, manager, a member, or groupie? Are you the roadie, spokesmen, go getter, or an actual partner? Are you the promoter, minister of propaganda, member of the security team? Will you be playing on this night as a headliner, or a warm-up act? Which one of the guys on the flyer is you? Are you capable of standing on your own, or is your career dependent upon being around some group of other DJs? BTW, is ConQuest your DJ name, or are you known as something else?

LOL!!!

Myself and Icy ice are 2 veteran turntablists for LEGEND (he's a co-founder). Shortly afterwards I brought on my dj partner J-Solo from another former crew of mine. I'll dig up some of the old flyers from when we first started major club promotions back in 1992 and scan them (we're having our 20 year reunion next year so i have to do this anyway) and you'll see mine, Ice's, and J-Solo's names at the top of the flyer.

Yes, my stage name was "DJ Conquest" until late 2004, and has been just "ConQuest" since then because I'm tired of everybody and their mother that can press play, move a pitch slider, and match a beat claiming to be a "dj". I also dumped the "DJ" prefix because I'm more involved in the music industry now, and beyond just being a dj".

I've taken the past year off since I left my position as Program and Music Director for an internet radio station to go work for... someone... as can be seen in my year old outdated MySpace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30143

Check out the rest of the pictures in my profile and see for yourself if I'm a headliner who can "stand on my own". LOL!!!

You'll notice that me and all 3 of the main headliners on the flyer you're asking about are in my main profile picture; my dj partner of 17 years, Icy Ice, 93.5 KDAY Music Director - Melo-D, and 105.9 Power106 Music Director - E-Man.

That picture was taken in the summer of 2004 at a birthday party for mutual friend of all of ours ours. We've ALL been spinning together and/or in the same circuit since the late 80's and early 90's before anyone was "anyone" of any importance in the music industry.

I'll be headling the flyers again soon enough after my year of laying low, once the Mac version of Virtual DJ is released. We'll be introducing a new title to our art form that better describes the new direction we're taking and the skills that we'll be exhibiting.

I've only been doing mobile and small-mid size club events with higher quality/profile crowds for the past 6 months with these dj partners and friends of mine who ALL know EXACTLY what I'm up to, and who several will become VirtualDJ/Virtual Vinyl users if I suggest it, and won't if I don't.

My best friend and dj partner, Icy Ice is just waiting for me to say "Yay" or "Nay" to VirtualDJ / Virtual Vinyl before he starts using it with me and we start promoting it instead of Rane SSL, which kind of bothers us because our long time turntablist friend and Ice's partner Shortkut http://www.beatjunkies.com/fusion/shortkut.html just got signed by Rane to endorse SSL and was down here at NAMM last weekend showcasing at their booth, and of course guest spinning with us last Saturday night after NAMM that day.

I was with him in his neighborhood (San Francisco) a couple of weeks ago for Mac World and went with him to his club. Here's some pix: http://www.flickr.com/photos/43404228@N00/

Just like many high demand artists purposely take a little time off so that they can explode back on the scene, I'm just in waiting for the Mac version of VDJ/VV before I bust back out in the scene.

I love $h!t talkers who ain't $h!t, so I LOVE you A Man and No Talent!!

Now go press Automix, or would that require too much talent from you?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 10:46 pm
Calm down;) hehe... A Man and His Music plays urban music just like you, and as far as I know, scratches on turntables... ;)

And yeah, ConQuest is for real.. heeh

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 10:55 pm
No problem Norway. Actually, I don't use turntables anymore, and haven't since 90. I get a new car ever 27 months, because I like new technology. The only thing I scratch now is my balls. They don't come to me after the show, and say it could have been better if you had scratched. I run a mobile business, and work in clubs. I live rather well as a Professional DJ. This is all I do. I was using turntables before ConQuest was even born. I have moved on. I don't mind if others use them, it does not affect my pocket one way or the other. Have you ever heard me bash someone because he uses a turntable? I don't judge a DJ by the tools he uses, but his ability to move the crowd. The difference between him and I, is like night and day. I don't have to bash others to make my self feel good. It is easy to move through life, when you are secure. Who I know is irrelevant. Maybe others are impressed with name dropping, I just find it immature. Let us move on, and have a good show tonight.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 11:54 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
No problem Norway. Actually, I don't use turntables anymore, and haven't since 90. I get a new car ever 27 months, because I like new technology. The only thing I scratch now is my balls. They don't come to me after the show, and say it could have been better if you had scratched. I run a mobile business, and work in clubs. I live rather well as a Professional DJ. This is all I do. I was using turntables before ConQuest was even born. I have moved on. I don't mind if others use them, it does not affect my pocket one way or the other. Have you ever heard me bash someone because he uses a turntable? I don't judge a DJ by the tools he uses, but his ability to move the crowd. The difference between him and I, is like night and day. I don't have to bash others to make my self feel good. It is easy to move through life, when you are secure. Who I know is irrelevant. Maybe others are impressed with name dropping, I just find it immature. Let us move on, and have a good show tonight.

Sounds good.

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 1:13 am

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 1:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
invalid link sorry.

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 1:39 am

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 6:49 am

Right-click the image in question, and choose properties.
There you will find the REAL link for the image, and copy that path.. :)

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 2:54 pm
HERE WE GO (full size)!

FYI, on a Mac you right-click and then select "Copy Image Address". =)

Posted Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 3:27 pm
74%