Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Guide To set up tcv with mk2 console :) - Page: 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK I AM TRYING TO SEE ABOUT HOOKING UP A MIXER, BUT DO I NEED 2 RCA CABLES TO HOOK IT UP TO THE MIXER AND THEN A ANOTHER RCA CABLE TO HOOK THE MIXER UP TO THE AMP, IS THAT HOW THE SET UP WORK?

THANKS,

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 3:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need pro if you want to use a mixer but dont forget you can grab it at a discount

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 4:02 pm
Can't you just answer the question that was asked and not tell me to purchase something, if you keep acting like that in support. You will not get sales like that mane. Thanks!

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 7:47 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi jvilleboy809, yes it can be done but u need VDJ Pro to run it sweetly. :) The DJC edition is tied with the mk2 console so there no much u can do there n timecoded is limited etc in that version.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 6:10 am
skyfxl wrote :
You need pro if you want to use a mixer but dont forget you can grab it at a discount

comparison

Posted Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 8:11 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Which is better? Using ASIO driver for your sound card, with hercules selected, or Hercules as your sound card.

Ugh im gonna have to upgrade after i get these sounding good....

Posted Sun 06 Apr 08 @ 9:18 am
The new driver is much much better try it with your herc.

Posted Sun 06 Apr 08 @ 9:33 am
I have the old MK1 i think its the first version (which has midi inputs) and a KORG ES-1MKII ELECTRIBE S Rhythm Production Sampler

http://www.sixstardj.com/koeselsrhprs.html

and a Korg ER-1 Electribe Rhythm Synth/Drum Machine.

http://synthtopia.com/synth_review/KorgElectribeER-1.html

I do not have pro edition but I would consider getting it if I could get Midi to work with VDJ and/or Sony acid pro which supports.....
MIDI
New! Inline MIDI editing
New! MIDI track envelopes and keyframes
New! Drum grid editing mode with drum key maps
MIDI piano roll snap-to-scale filtering
New! Real-time MIDI quantization
New! VSTi soft synth support and parameter automation
DLS 1 & 2 soft synth support
New! MIDI filtering and processing
MIDI event list editing and step recording
MIDI Time Code (MTC) generation and triggering
New! MIDI file export
MIDI piano roll editing
MIDI event list editing
MIDI step recording

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/acidpro/techspecs

I have a creative soundblaster platinum that has Midi input/output with some Y adapters with the Hercules spdif into it, so I can record what they play but I am new to Midi and I would like any help or advice on what or how I can use this setup!? I havent update any drivers for hercules either...

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 8:27 am
jason5PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi everyone..i have trouble using vdj,with a tcv.
i have a u46dj sound card :with 4-in-6out USB card
i already know how to set it up ....but when i boot the software(vdj)
it says ASIO error-even though i have my configuration right ...like its suppose to be.
and also when i'm trying to open the u46dj software....it just appears
like a blank..window (well its like its supose to be but not showin the gains for the channels..)
CAN ANY ON HELP ME WITH THIS SITUATION WITH AN ELABORATE STEP BY STEP SET UP PLEASE????

i'm looking forward for more info about this situation.
thanks!
and yes i do have a pro version..!

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 11:31 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi jason5, do register ur pro serial in your modify ur profile..thanks;)

The benefit of registering is to have the latest updates n goodies (skin and plug in).

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 3:40 pm
jason5PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi dear
well see we have a pro version but register under the boss name ..we uses the vdj for work and he is not currently available right now so thats why i'm askin for a lil help..and yes i will purchase my own licence soon ...but for now i need to find out how to fix my problem with the with the sound card...

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 2:59 am
Hey. I am having a problem with my timecode setup. I am using the Hercules MK2 as my soundcard, an external mixer and two Denon CD decks. I have followed the guide, but it does not seem to be working. Under soundcards, do i have to use ASIO or Hercules? I'm also getting an error of "error in the ASIO sound driver". It seems logical that this guide would work for CD decks as well. I have chosen the CD option in my time code config. I have connect my cables right. i.e line level and not phono. But, everytime i press play it just says 0%. So any help is appreciated.
edit: I downloaded the consumer grade sound level timecode mp3 and burned it as an audio cd. Also I am using Denon Dn-s1200s, but I don't think the brand of hardware would matter.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 2:11 pm
Make sure you have the latest version of the Hercules drivers installed please.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 4:02 pm
skyfxl wrote :
Make sure you have the latest version of the Hercules drivers installed please.

I'm sure I have the latest drivers, but I'll check again. Thanks for the quick reply.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 7:04 pm
I checked again, and I do have the latest drivers. All my settings are exactly as same as the tutorial dictates, except I chose CD instead of vinyl. The meter shows 0%, and when i hit play on my Denon, it sort of plays, but seems like the platter is going forwards and backwards, based on the sound that comes out. It basically sounds like my platter is out of control. Any thoughts?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 8:24 pm
Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I would like to use tcv with my set up.

My set up is; 2 x Numark TT1650's, 1 Numark DXM01 Mixer.

I know to use tcv i want to get the hercules mk2, vdj pro and 2 x tcv's

but my question is would i be able to switch between real vinyl and tcv? But then maybe switch back so both decks use tcv

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 8:01 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

djmattywills wrote :

but my question is would i be able to switch between real vinyl and tcv? But then maybe switch back so both decks use tcv

Yes, there is a Bypass feature with in the Pro version, that allows you to play "real vinyl" aswell as TCV. Some skins have this feature already on them, or you could make a Keyboard shoutcut for this action.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 8:17 am
djmattywills wrote :
Hi, hopefully someone can help me.

I would like to use tcv with my set up.

My set up is; 2 x Numark TT1650's, 1 Numark DXM01 Mixer.

I know to use tcv i want to get the hercules mk2, vdj pro and 2 x tcv's

You would perhaps be better off with a VV package as this would include a highquality sound card, the software and vinyl/cds or a hercules RMX unit.

Posted Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 4:14 pm
I just got the Hercules RMX yesterday and it came bundled with Virtual DJ (DJ CONSOLE) which i still need to upgrade anyway, the thing is i already have the Numark Virtual Vinyl (CUE 5) full version and i can not get it to work with the RMX. The software recognise the midi contoller but it just did not respond, i think i need to do midi mapping and that is way outa my league. Can anybody help me with this problem please????????

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 6:50 am
DEEJAY BOYOW wrote :
I just got the Hercules RMX yesterday and it came bundled with Virtual DJ (DJ CONSOLE) which i still need to upgrade anyway, the thing is i already have the Numark Virtual Vinyl (CUE 5) full version and i can not get it to work with the RMX. The software recognise the midi contoller but it just did not respond, i think i need to do midi mapping and that is way outa my league. Can anybody help me with this problem please????????

Update your Virtual Vinyl software to 5.2.1 for best support of this controller.

You need to enable Hercules midi device in remote control.

Im not sure why you ordered another DVS system when you already have VV?

The Hercules is designed as a mixer replacement, the VV box is intended for use with a hardware mixer for DVS usage.

Perhaps you might want to use a small mixer for your audio and use the Hercules as your control surface.

Alternatively you could use the hercules when you need to travel light and the VV when you want a full DVS setup.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)