Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: TexZK's High Quality Flanger (Bug Report) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If you try to use this effect when there is no song playing, VDJ quits... I know this seems pointless, but if you pressed this button accidentaly while the other deck is playing. You get my point.

steve.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 1:35 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I added a Warning message in the description of the plugin on plugin download page. I hope this bug will be corrected soon.

And i Contacted TexZK to let him know about the bug.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 3:46 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I can't reproduce this bug. Do you use VirtualDJ v3.4 ?

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 7:49 pm
Yep, using v3.4. I have managed to reproduce this bug three times in succession. So I don't think it's a fluke. I will test it on my work laptop when I get chance.

I had a song loaded on the deck at the time, just stopped at cue point 1, when the flanger was activated. I havn't tried just activating the flanger when no song is loaded at all.

Any other info you would like djcel?

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 10:58 pm
Happened to me today... LIVE on VDJ radio ;)

The flanger is THE BEST! GREAT sound... but there is a crash bug there..

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 11:41 pm
Yea, I'll sort that out when I get home tonight. I think your PC is just immune to any sort of crash Cel :P

Hehe dj-in-norway > that was the reason I won't use it live at the minute, but I must agree with you, it's damn good flanging!

Usually I use my DXM-06 for flange, but I was just wanting to take a look at whats available for when I'm at work, and don't have the luxury of my own mixer...

Edit: Thanks JeremK for adding the warning to let others know, hopefully he'll get a fix sorted soon!!!

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 1:12 am
d'oh, seems my desktop PC was not updated to v3.4. I thought it was, this crash doesn't exist in 3.4, however, dj-in-norway has a different crash with it.. so it still seems that there is something wrong with it...

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 3:30 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm sorry for the delay and for that bug, but I haven't been here for a few days. I'll try to find errors. However, tell me if you were using the time stretching or other things which use much CPU cycles, as my flanger isn't sooo light. The version v2.0 (not already released) optimizes some things, but has an heavier algorythm, because it calculates also the panning and the minimum delay. Tell me in which conditions it happens, so it could help me. If someone wants to look to my sources to help me, like I think Cel is doing, just drop me a line. Stay tuned!

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 2:49 pm
oK, I hope I've found a way. This problem might happen also with other plugins which take samples after or before the current playing position. You said it happens when there's no song playing... so that song is at the first sample. To have a flanger, I both take samples before and after it, but negative samples don't exist... so you should get a protection error, and the program quits (sometimes Winzoz doesn't show a message window, maybe because of CrashGuard, which should handle error windows). I haven't added a checking condition, because it never happened to me, so I thought VDJ sended auto-corrected samples if they don't exist in the song sample range. I mean, if I request samples which aren't buffered, VDJ should send a buffer of the requested size but with null samples (an array of zeros) where there aren't samples. I think is an error done by both me and Atomix. I'll try do add a protection to unbuffered samples, but I hope Atomix will add this auto-correction.

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 3:05 pm
No special settings in soundcards, just left to one soundcard.

Timestretch was completely disabled as I don't like the sound it gives.
Limiter Enabled

Only one song loaded to deck A.

Like djcel mentioned I can't get this to happen in 3.4 neither, only in 3.3, but there may be some other bugs causing it to crash as dj-in-norway mentioned.

I'm no good with coding or source material, but will happily bug test any new versions you make.

Thanks,
Steve

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 5:44 pm
I can not reproduce the crash... maybe I was just damn unlucky, and maybe it was not even the plugins fault (I used it a LOT on radio, as I simply LOVE the plugin).

So, ignore my post... Tested it a lot more, and can not reproduce any crash.

Seem to work fine, and the crash I had could be of a different reason than the plugin.

by the way, thanx for the plugin! GREAT work!;)

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 5:53 pm
Ok guys, I won't crash my mind to let it work, as it does in v3.4... And I think hopefully there are not faults for "off-side buffering" in v3.4 anymore! So I can release the v2.0 very soon!

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 6:16 pm
thank you for your great work... :)

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 8:49 pm
yep, thanks for the work, it's excellent, if you need a beta tester of v2. gimme a shout. :D

Posted Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 8:57 pm
_pabloHome userMember since 2006
ta la raja
vale cumpa xuplo

Posted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 2:28 am
The new version is still done, but now I'd try to use only floating-point samples... (not real-tape, just a direct conversion from short integers, but that's the same...)

Posted Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:58 am
i wont to use plugins but i can not download it. plz help me

Posted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 12:44 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
mamad_enzo wrote :
i wont to use plugins but i can not download it. plz help me

So easy solution, please buy the software to use all the plug-in http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

Posted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 8:40 am
This plugin is available at least to Home Users.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 8:09 pm
thx tex, ill give it a shot when i get home

:P
steve

Posted Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 1:40 am
61%