Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Show us your gear - for inspiration and ideas to others - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

By idea and request of MUSIKGUATE...

Feel free to use this thread to post images of your gear and VDJ set up, for inspiration

(1) Post pics at www.tinypic.com , and put the url in the thread, ...or... (2) copy the url from pics in your blog (right-click the image, and choose properties, and copy the url)

And use the BBCode tags to embend the picture in your post. (640 pixels wide or less).

Polish your stuff guys, and post it for envy ;)

Pic url, and specs only... please

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 5:55 pm
My mobile DJ equipment

My set up
Keyboard Case
Laptop PIII, 1.2 ghz. 768 mb ram
Stanton M.202 Mixer
250 gb. external HDD
Sound Blaster Live 24 External USB S.C.

I will post mero pics on monday, I'm planing to redo my setup next week.

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 6:21 pm

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:55 pm
*** updated instructions for those wanting to use pics from VDJ blog ***

Posted Fri 05 May 06 @ 9:34 pm
Musikguate, bloody hell, bet your setup blows a few people away with all those speakers.. good stuff.
Sean

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 5:04 am
here is my set-up Serato and VDJ
Denon 6000 Dual Cd Player - Pioneer DJM 3000 Mixer And Shuttle pro Controller.

and I like this combination very much!!!

and this is my old set-up

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 8:26 am
From Xeon/Dj Nikki:

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 12:17 pm

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 1:50 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
whats that turntable next to the 1200?

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 8:14 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
In the day :

And at night :

2 x SL1210 Mk2
2 x XP10
1 x NUO5

1 x Athlon64 3000+, 1Gb RAM and 160 Gb HD
1 x Laptop P4 1,7Ghz, 512 Mb RAM and 80Gb HD

Thinking about making flycases for all this stuff...

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 10:49 pm
to philly:
it's a SYNC (faster than sl 1200 but cheaper)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 1:03 am
Gateway Pentium 4, Hyper Threading Tech., 3.2GHZ, U46DJ, Denon- DNX300 mixer, Technics 1200's

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 5:22 am
@ dj-Seany69........thanks for the comments on my gear. in fact it does sound awesome, but the real secret about the sound quality of my system are 2 things.

1. the small speakers you see on top of the peavy projects and subs are D.A.S. SA115A 350 watts rms amplified speakers, they sound outstanding, 100% pure hi fidelity. I have 4 of them, kind of expensive though but are worth every dollar.

2. the peavy subs, eventhough peavy is not a great brand, I have come to the conclusion that what makes your system hi-fi are the amps, more than the speakers, and I run both subs with a makie 1400i at 4 ohms, bridge mono, delivering about 1260 watts rms to both, conected in parallel. they really makes your chest feel the bassssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!, before the amp, the signal goes to a dbx 231 eq and then to a dbx 234XL xover. The peavy projects runs with a Crown CE2000, great amp, kind of heavy though at 4 ohms, 660 watts rms per channel.

I will try to take pics of my lightning set up, it is not so big, but looks really cool altoghether with the smoke

Keep on mixing !!!!!

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 11:08 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 1:43 am
yeah but for 11 speakers and subs to haul around you might as well just get yourself some Mackie SA1532z and you'll get just as much power and have great quality with just 2 of them. if you want to pack any more bass then that I would highly recommend getting Cerwin Vega's Vega Bass 18" subs (2 if your going to have any more then 800 people).

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 3:18 am
@dj-xeo..........what is that???????...a barricade form the gulf war...jajajaja...HS......you have to have a special licence for that amount of bass...awesome !!!!!

@DJ_WhiteDVL thnks for the advise..........I surely know Cerwin Vega, it has been known for the bass quality of their speakers, and believe it or not, that is exactly my next purchase, I'm planing to buy 2 AB368 18" folded horn bass systems powered each with a crown CE4000.

Thanks guys !!!

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 4:23 pm
your welcome Musikguate

I currently use only 2 SA1532z from Mackie. they are powered so I save the need of an amp and if I have a bigger party then 500 people I use the vegas and I'm good for sound. Great quality sound and really good pumping bass. and the most speakers I carry most of the time is 2 speakers and 2 subs. sure saves me from needing a cube van or trailer unless I have a really big show that requires more.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

[JeremK]: Please don't post anything else than pictures of your setups in order to keep this topic "clean". Thankyou

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 10:19 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you think you can get as much bass as that in 2 speakers? id like to see that.

cerwin vega are ok for tops and mids but for hornloaded bass cabs they are far from the best.
they are well designed tho, would be great for a mobile DJ who needs some added punch.

And to stay in keeping with the thread here is a picture....................

not sure if it let you use HTML code so here is just a normal link

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 11:44 pm
@ JeremK...
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but i think that people posting pictures of their setups, and discussing and informing isn't particulary of topic.. When someone like myself looks back through pages like this, it realy helps to know what is what and things like that..

@ MUSIKGUATE.
I just cracked a bass fat. I've heard some realy awesome setups before, wether it be at someones home, party or even car.. but i dont think ive heard of anything that can beat that... WELL DONE!!

@Slash 4..
What are those cartiridges your using? light up cartridges.. thats cool, trivial, yet cool.
Theres a lot a great set ups in this. Great topic :)

Sean

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 11:48 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
@dj seany69 : They are Ortofon Concorde Scratch (the Pink Ones).
The blue leds I mounted instead of the old bulb lamps make them flash in the night.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 1:29 pm
4%