Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules Mk2 in Asio/TCV mode, waiting for a real review - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This is very bad (crashing...), that was the reason i asked a comparison with the maya at the first place, because i can't really trust hercules on the drivers site, and maya's drivers have been stable. Good to hear about the mic, is it a dynamic sm58 or beta58 or what ?
Keep testing about the stability and let us know.

As for the hard scratch distortion and digital sound on low speed, this must be a virtualdj problem, as i have it with the maya and my pci card too.

@djbambi, you wrote:
"2. no. in a multitrack program (such as krystal audio), you can output using all 4 outputs, or 2 stereo (1+2, 3+4), even in wmd/dx. But you cannot simulate two soundcards. For example in VDJ, you won't have 1+2 and 3+4 listed as separate soundcards. Of course, you can still output deckA onto 1+2 and DeckB onto 3+4, even in wdm/dx mode! "

I dont really understand this.
How a multitrack program can see 2 pairs of stereo outs in wdm mode and virtualdj can't ?
For example with an M-audio multichannel card such as the delta 44 or 1010, all audio programs
with an output config, can see these outs. And so does Vdj in 2 soundcard+mixer mode or in advanced config. You can see these (wdm) outs in the windows sound manager (control panel ->sound...) too. Is this not the case with hercules ?

Posted Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 4:57 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the question was:

"But as you wrote now hercules has multi channel wdm driver, wich means that you can see 2 output pairs in windows mapper, so you can for example setup winamp to use out 3+4.
Or you can use the icon with the 2 soundcards and the mixer in virtual dj and choose the individual outputs for each deck in wdm mode, can you confirm this ?""

Maybe you misunderstood my answer (or I misunderstood your question): YES in VDJ like any other multi-track program you can see and use all four outputs even in WDM mode, but NO you can not simulate two soundcards with one stereo output each. In VDJ, you can use the advanced config icon, but not any of the "two soundcard" configs. Windows sees the mk2 as only one soundcard, which seems normal to me. And I don't think you can tell WinAmp to use only out 3+4, I tried but couldn't see how to do it.

As far as crashing, I haven't had any crash at all since I got it in September, but I don't do any streaming.

one last note, quite positive: last night I finished remapping my mk2 exactly to my needs using VDJ 3.2's djcmapper.h and djcel's mapper 1.1 code as a base. It's pretty impressive what I was able to do, I'll post a separate topic for this later on.

cheers,

Nicolas

Posted Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 9:06 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There are now 3 modes in VDJ settings for the MK2, 1/ Normal, 2/Mix ( mix mp3 & externail sources) and 3/Timecode (Timecoded vinyl or CD)

Your suspissions about the drivers are probably well founded, as soon as I installed them they insisted on going online to update themselves.

It's a tough call to pin the cause of my crash guard activation, SP2 seems to have it's own problems, players of Race Driver 2 have to ctrl alt del and set RD2 to high priority to work properly.

My music PC was stable with the Mk1 and VDJ 3.2, I've tried many things to cure the problem, the last being turning off onboard sound and removing the drivers. it's run on auto for 5hrs this last go, fingers crossed it'll be ok

Posted Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 9:17 am
I don't know if these are MK2 or VDJ 3.2 faults but I've found a couple of repeatable errors, both involve specific files when played, I have a jingle that I renamed, when the same jingle was played on auto as part of an old playlist (still with old name) and error msg appears and auto (therefore the broadcast) stops, this also happens with a .wav file I found in a playlist.

The other 2 recent crashguard activations were with mp3pro DJ mix files, although it's also happend before with normal mp3 files I've played regularly with the MK1 & VDJ 3.1

Another strange things have happend 2 or 3 times, dropping the trebble cuts the volume off totally and cannot be regained, the volume shows onscreen it's being moved but no sound, this doesn't cause any errors just a bum mix, the volume returns on next load.
Also the split cans stops working from time to time, although the individual main, left and right still work, split has just output going through it. this fault fixes itself.

I'm sure all these teething problems will be sorted, I will still be using the MK2 for my online DJing, just have a backup music source handy if the worst happens.

Does this stuff need it's own thread? or is it still revelent to your MK2 enquiry.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 10:43 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
@woodsy: The errors about specific mp3 or wav files can't be related to the console unless their sample format is not supported. Try to use another soundcard, to see if you get the same errors.
(Try the djc as controller only, or even better unplug it and try keyboard/mouse)
You didn't tell me what shure mic you use.
Have you tried (or can you) record using a wave editor (such as wavelab) and mk2's mic input ? Is the level and quality acceptable ?

Btw, Thanks for all the inputs so far, still waiting for Dj-in Norway's review -)

Posted Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 12:21 pm
I have 2 mics, an Audio Technica ATW-T22 radio mic for modiles, this worked well on the MK1, and a a Sure Prologue for on the net, this never worked on MK1 but works on MK2, it'll be something to do with the input impedance of MK1.

My streaming tests are still going on, it's ran for 24hrs now without problems, all the mp3s selected have been played ok previously with this set up. my beef here is it shouldn't crash or stop auto if it comes accross a file it can't handle.

Mic sounds brill over the monitor speakers however on the encoded stream mic level is just barely audiable, you have to shout to be heared. I tried a cheap internet phone mic that worked well on MK1 with the same results, loud on speakers very low over internet.

link to stream here www.loveclubland.co.uk

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 11:21 am
Ok, I finaly got my Console Mk2 today ;)))

First initial impressions and thoughts (will come back with a full test later)

Looks & feel

- it looks a lot more pro, and feels a lot better! It has metal casing, and the darker top-view cover makes it all look better ;) the size is the same, but still a better feel to it.. less "toy-ish".

Responsiveness of play button:

- works GREAT. NO problems here what so ever! its a HUGE improvement from Console1, and it works fine every time! ;) This I really like!
Also, the build of the jogweels makes it stand much higher, so that its easier to use, and less chance of touching the crossfader by accident.

First impressions are really good ;) Will give more feedback really soon

Posted Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 8:21 pm
Seems I've sorted my crashguard activations, Winteralls traced the error to the usb.sys. after updating my Asus A7v400-MX SE to the beta bios it's run for 48hrs without problems, ( the earphones still loose split cans from time to time)

The Mk2 is a huge improvement over Mk1 and would be cheap at twice the price.

The midi in and out are a sad loss for ppl wanting to hook up their midi keyboards, I'd have left that in because a midi adapter can cost around £20-£40 and might have tempted more buyers.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 2:31 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello guys
I don't want to open a new topic, but when I use the New Console MK2 in in Asio mode, the Analog input works fine and i can listen my CD or Vinil disc, but i can not see the bmp value and the rhythm wave, i can not use the loop & end the FX, why?
Do the DEV team can make this new function in VDJ 3.4?

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 10:36 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There will be a number of timecoded improvements in the new update ;), as the Dev team have promised.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 4:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)