Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Would be ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guyz... I'm writing for the first time on this forum...
I really want to know the point of view of yours...
Once I ready in a magazine the phrase:

"... I sure that the computers will substitute the mixers on clubs too... "

Doy you agree with this ?

X-tasy Boys

Posted Wed 06 Feb 02 @ 2:39 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Of Course.- Actually, In my country its happening.-
Bye,
Dj Coc "Argentina"

Posted Wed 20 Feb 02 @ 11:14 pm
jokoHome userMember since 2004
I couldn't agree more. I'm mixing around Tampa, FL right now. No other DJ here that I've met yet is using a computer. Everyone is so in awe when they come up to the booth and see what I'm doing. A few friends I have which are big DJ's here (including one who's been spinning on vinyl since the 70's) at first thought this was a joke. Since Atomix makes it so easy to mix, it seems so effortless to them that they think the computer is set on some kind of auto-pilot. Getting the beats matched is one thing. Old DJ's (and new ones who use CD's) have to waste at least two minutes to be sure they have their beats matched. We can start the mix in the blink of an eye. It gives you the time to be more creative about what you're mixing together. Anyone can match a beat. Plus matching is so much easier with this since we not only rely on our hearing but also we have the visual of the beats. The first 3 parties I did were completely without headphones. That 70's DJ thought it was amazing that you could mix so well without headphones at all that he decided it was a joke, that the computer must be doing it all. It is helping but not THAT much! If the older, unwilling-to-change DJ's would just try this, I just KNOW they'd never go back! This is the wave of the future--watch and see.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 12:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)