Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to mix bass???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ XHome userMember since 2002
I know there is couple of ways but is better to have bass in full in the new song or mix mid and treb and then add bass(new song) I'm totally new to Djing. I mix Trance and I have external mixer.

Thanks 4 any info!!!
DJ X

Posted Sat 02 Feb 02 @ 2:22 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
I bring in da mid highs then fade out the bass on da 1st song as i bring in da bass on da 2nd.............

DJ Ben Jammin (aka 2nv)

Posted Sun 03 Feb 02 @ 11:24 am
jokoHome userMember since 2004
I like to leave the crossfader very near the first song so that when I start the 2nd song it's only a whisper. I leave all the EQ's at their mid (starting) points. As I'm crossing into the new song I start bringing down the original's bass. When I get just about midway over the crossfader I noticed that's about the time the vocals (or whatever) start fading out on the 1st song. I pull the mid's up on the first song while crossing over to the last 1/2 of the crossfader, and as the mid goes up I'm pulling the bass down. I leave the new song alone altogether.

Posted Tue 05 Mar 02 @ 12:51 am
some times i fade in the mid highs, then add the bass when appropriate......sometimes i bring in bass mis high at same time...i do it different for each mix, well whatever feels right

Posted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 2:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)