Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [HARDWARE QUESTION] How to use externable mixer with Atomixmp3 AND Turntables

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok i have a soundblaster live 5.1 card in the first line out i have my gemini mixer and turntables set up there so i can recored my vinyl mixing now i want to use atomix aswell
so what i really need to know is can u use a 2 channels on the gemini mixer to play the audio off the two atomix decks
if u know what i mean

thanx for any help/advice

Posted Wed 28 Feb 01 @ 9:18 pm
I guess I understood your question ;-)

Here's what I do.

My turntable is attached to one Phono channel of my mixing table. The master out of my mixing table goes into the LINE IN of my Soundblaster live card.

This allows me to play my vinyl disks through the mixer, and include them in a live mix recorded through my Soundblaster, or sample the vinyls and thereafter use the digital file in AtomixMP3.

Also, I've set up my Soundblaster card for 4 speakers. In AtomixMP3 I've then configured the hardware as follows:
- in the left selection I've marked the 3D soundcard (middle option)
- in the right selection I've marked the mixing table option.

As a consequence, the left Atomix deck is played through the REAR line out, the right Atomix deck is played through the FRONT line out.
Both REAR and FRONT are then attached to respectively the 2nd and 3rd LINE channel of my mixing table.

This setup allows me to launch an audio recorder on my PC, and record "live" mixes (thereby using all features of my mixing table such as kill and tone adjustment which so far are not included in AtomixMP3). On top of using both Atomix decks I can use the turntable.

It took me a while to figure this out, but now I'm able to really combine the advantages of "classic" deejaying and e-jaying in one configuration.
This way I've recorded some mixes, which have urged some of my friends into "taking a closer look" at what Atomix can offer.

Hope this answers your question.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Wed 28 Feb 01 @ 10:11 pm
I've done the same thing... except I use both my tables, and atomix... On my Numark mixer I have the phono - line in switch, that allows me to mix back and forth from atomix to vinyl and vice versa. This work really well for live gigs, and with a couple adjustments you record the live mixes using an outside recorder program. I usually get a crowd of people trying to figure out how I'm pulling this crazy whack mixes off... kinda fun!

Posted Thu 01 Mar 01 @ 12:13 am
Some of my best mixes came from a setup just like everyone is talking about. I use a SB Live, and pipe front/rear channels into line1/3 respectivly, and then tables into phono 1/3. What this does is essentially (through switches) gives me 4 decks to play with. The beauty of this is, you can switch to an MP3 loop (I build them with ACID for just this purpose) and do a live remix with a new bassline.

Just be REALLY comfortable with your equipment, or you are going to get lost. ~_^

Posted Sat 03 Mar 01 @ 8:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)