Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bug in Atomix MP3 engine?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone else noticed if you have a very heavy base techno song and you increase the speed by like 2-3%, If you listen very closely, Sometimes atomix sounds like it sorta missing a beat. Anyone else notice that?

Posted Thu 14 Dec 00 @ 5:13 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its not actually a bug. Its just the way the file is played back. You have the Master Tempo enabled. Basically, what it does is drop some samples to keep the file playing at its normal pitch. Lets say, for every 10 samples played, it drops 1 sample. If you increase the playback speed even more, the number of samples dropped goes up as well. Unfortunetly, the point at which the samples are dropped, sometimes affects the sound of the song greatly.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 00 @ 7:49 pm
Its not actually a bug. Its just the way the file is played back. You have the Master Tempo enabled. Basically, what it does is drop some samples to keep the file playing at its normal pitch. Lets say, for every 10 samples played, it drops 1 sample. If you increase the playback speed even more, the number of samples dropped goes up as well. Unfortunetly, the point at which the samples are dropped, sometimes affects the sound of the song greatly.

I understand how that works. Then how do real turntables do it properly without getting the sound clipping? Their must be some kind of way to minimize that in the atomixmp3. Something to add or change in the atomixmp3 engine. Thats the only thing that I dont like about atomixmp3. How can I record if I have such obvious quirks in the sound like that.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 00 @ 10:26 am
I noticed it too, i don't know when the mp3 is playing alone in atomixmp3 the patch is kinda changing, it's not clear sound, as if the music slowing down, i understand if two mp3 s were playing, then i would understand that it's matching, but here only one player was playing, and the speed was not stable

Posted Thu 21 Dec 00 @ 4:40 am
Yes, yes. I have noticed that as well. The thing is that a record doesnt do it because the needle is playing the record track under it. This way everything is played no matter what tempo its at. The atomixmp3 plays files and I noticed it tends to skip the beat with the tempo on auto. Why? I dunno. Im sure their is someway to correct it.

As always, you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up. Hopefully you can fix this cause its driving me nuts. Thanx!

Posted Fri 22 Dec 00 @ 12:02 am
Thank god i'm not the only one, this is something i have already put to the attention of the atomix team, the speed seems to vary and i know what you mean when you say it seems to miss a beat. I have used pitch controls of the likes of winamp and such, and have had no problem so it obviously can be overcome, problem is not everyone seems to suffer from it. How DJ pissou used it for 2000 people at a club i'll never know, it sounds terrible when you're mixing hard house with heavy beats, the playback just isn't stable enough. It's playback can only be described as "jerky" (in the English sense of the word).

Posted Fri 22 Dec 00 @ 3:02 pm
Are you guys using the latest version (v1.12) ?
Because I thought I had corrected that in this version.

Well, seems that I'm good for a good diving session in the source code again to find out this issue.

Stef.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 00 @ 6:14 pm
Turn master tempo off!
Thats how vinyl works, it just speeds up the rotation of the record. The sound goes higher or lower then, which is lame if you ask me.

I don't understand why you people say mp3's sound "dead". that's just people who defend their purchase of throusand dollar turntables when i spent $45 cdn for Virtual DJ and upgraded to atomix free... hahahaha. Digital rules.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 00 @ 11:24 pm
Ya I have v1.12 and it still does skip the beat with the tempo on auto. I also agree that sometimes (if you listen carefully) the song sounds like it is trying to stay at a steady beat but is juglling between whether to go a little faster or a little slower. This is not for every song, and some songs seem fine when at the right speed, but it shouldnt be that way. It would be greatly appreciated if you can figure out why its doing this and if it can be fixed.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 00 @ 6:20 am
RiscHome userMember since 2003
Yo PPL this is all due to the "master tempo" option if you disable it you will notice that the playback is perfect, this is because when it is enabled it modifies the tempo of the song without changing the pitch. With it disabled it modifies the pitch and the tempo so they sound perfect but if the speed is changed loads the vocals will sound like there on helium...If you know wot I mean...Most DJ mix song with this option disabled to remove those nasty jumpy sounds.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 00 @ 12:49 am
C'mon ya'll, who here is a REAL DJ?????? Well I am, and in tha club you don't have the convenience of BPM matching... Anyway, all you have to do when it falls slightly out of sync is use your Arrows on your keyboard to keep the mix perfect in time..... That's it!! I'm NOT knocking any amatuers, I want you all to do good, but this program is most definately a convienience..... Peace!!!!!

Posted Wed 10 Jan 01 @ 12:51 am
I Noticed that after I've saved; lets say ten songs in a playlist' I load it up and 2 songs automatically get loaded on to the desks. I now have 8 songs left showing in the playlist box. I now add 1 or 2 songs for a total of twelve and re-save the entire list. When I re-load the playlist, the 2 songs that were loaded previously on the desks are missing and I now I have the 8 songs that were remaining earlier plus the 1 or 2 songs I added.

-Bruno-

Posted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 4:45 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
It is normal!!! The save feature save all the playlist box but not the songs on the desk! to add songs to a previous playlist drag and drop the playlist on the list but don't open it! Then, just add the files and save the playlist again!

Posted Thu 01 Feb 01 @ 4:35 pm
I've noticed the same exact thing also but i've been told it's not really a bug!!!!

Posted Sun 18 Feb 01 @ 12:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)