Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: hardcore music bpm detection!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

could you make atomixmp3 detect the bpm of hardcore music correctly???? normally a hardcore song of 190 bpm or so, is 70 bpm in atomixmp3!! I won't need Atomixmp3 hardcore bpm detection if anyone could tell me a good bpm counter somewhere on the net which counts the good bpm of a hardcore song... thanks

Posted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 5:32 pm
if u get 70 just multiply it by 2 or 3 mostly the bpm counter thinks the bpm it detects is to high and it just divides it.

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 6:06 pm
yeah you might be right, but i don't know if it skips beat detection on a regular base, if it does, multiplying would be easy, but i don't know if it does, but i am going to find that out now... Thanks for the tip, but don't get overexcited, it was not a good tip, it was just stupid of me to forget the possibility!

Posted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 8:47 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Yeah, I noticed that. 1.12 did it correctly...

Posted Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 5:13 am
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
What I always tought would be great to help AtomixMP3 detect beats of tunes that are harder to detect(Hardcore, Jungle, etc.) is a system where the user would tap to the beat for a couple of seconds and then the BPM detection engine would look for "beats" within a given milisecond scope of the beat tapped by the user. This way, the user would give a general idea of the BPM to AtomixMP3, then the software would come up with a precise BPM.

I believe that some hardware BPM counters already use this technique and it would be great to see it added in our favorite mixing software. 8-)

Can anyone from the Atomix team confirm me that I'm not dreaming and it is an idea that would be possible to implement with the current engine.

Thank you.

DJ Omni

Posted Tue 18 Dec 01 @ 1:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)