Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: How to implement on-the-fly-sampling and fix the crackling of position adjust

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

the looper is done this way (in my imagination):

You select from 1/2,1,2,3,4,8,16,free to descripe the length of how many beats is the loop.

Then u just click the grab button which 'records' from the currently going on beat to the current + selected beat so it might be from -0.6 beats to 15.4 .. or if you press the start-from-next-beat record-button, then from the 0.4 to 16.4 - presuming you are currently at point 0 where time has elapsed from the last beat for 0.6 beats.

other mode is the "free mode" where you find the loop-in and out points.. which is not suitable for fast "live" sampling of the currently playing song..

cause atomixmp3 knows where the currently playing beat ends, it can do the sampling stuff easily without much manual adjustments..

other improvement i'd like to see is changing the mode of what happens when your "slide" the wave display with mouse button pressed.

Currently it Moves the song, so that's why there's the "crackling" effect thats easy to hear most of the time.
If it could be changed to "pitch bend" mode, there would be no annoying clicking/crackling.
in this mode, the playing song is either made little slower or faster, depending how much or rapidly you move your mouse from the point there you pressed the mouse button. Very simple, i don't see how they didn't figure to do it this way from the beginning??

I'll post this msg to wish list so it's not forgotten here..

D-JAY

PS. If the someone needs a picture of how i exactly mean, i can try do one..

Posted Sat 03 Nov 01 @ 12:56 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Makes enough sense to me, but I'm not a programmer or on the team so I can't do anything about it.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 01 @ 10:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)