Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why not put + and - pitch/tempo BUTTONS on this thing? (mouse is difficult)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So what's the deal with not putting a couple of pitch/tempo + and - BUTTONS on this thing (on the desktop)? Instead we have to aim the mouse carefully to raise the pitch a beat or two. I like to get drunk when I mix at parties and this is kinda difficult to do. Even sober it isn't all that easy.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 02 @ 11:31 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
It does have these features in the full version. It is located in the shortcuts section. There are many features there that can be assigned to your own preference.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 12:27 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
use the right click on the mouse to momentarily adjust pitch. When you release it, it returns to the previous setting... it's good for re-alligning the pitch.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 1:21 am
I have the full version. It's not in there. As far as right clicking, I know about that but that's just to momentarily speed up the song, then you let go and it comes back to normal speed. I'm talking about raising the CONSTANT pitch slightly without having to use a steady nerve to point the mouse in the right place. Obviously that's much easily done with clicking a button a few times. I would think with all the whistles and bells this thing has that they would include at least this which is so basic.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 12:15 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
As I posted before you can do this through the shortcuts. Click options in Atomix, now click shortcuts, add shortcuts, pitch up or pitch down, fine pitch up or fine pitch down. They are all there.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Wed 24 Jul 02 @ 2:29 pm
Thanks. Is there a way to make it autocue so that when I load a song it is automatically at the starting beat, after the silence? I know I can run a program to remove silence from mp3's but this is still more convenient than having to remove silence from all the new mp3's I download.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 02 @ 3:11 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
when you cue a song for the first time past the leading silence, it'll remember that cue point there after.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 02 @ 7:38 am
I know that, thanks. I still think autocue would be a good feature so you wouldn't have to cue that song, and every new mp3 you get for the 1st time. There's a reason why PCDJ has it. Not that PCDJ is better, I'm just using it as an example. I think adding it as an optional feature on one of the next versions would be a definite plus even though atomix is still great without this. Anyway, thanks for the responses, you guys answer very quickly and are very helpful. I appreciate it.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 02 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)