Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just wondering?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was just wondering, what moves you up the ranks, (other than the purchase of atomixmp3) from, Newbie - to Jr member... etc.....?

Posted Mon 06 May 02 @ 11:26 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
There are many things that move you up in rank. First of all helping others, being polite in the forum. The people who are experienced members where beta testers for 2.1. The Vip members are members that offer something others users can't. DJ Corpse is an Ultra-Vip due to the fact he has put so much effort into the programing of effects. Its all about being friendly helpful and informative. If you would like more info you could e mail service@atomixmp3.com, but I am sure other members will help you.

DJ homeboy

Posted Mon 06 May 02 @ 11:34 pm
Thank you for your quick answer. I am very new to Atomix and the forums but have been keeping in touch with them as much as possable. I do not expect to move to far up the ladder at this time and maybe only another level anyway, but can always hope. And While this is the general forum I just would like to add this: I stumbled on Atomix and so far am very glad I did. I have been in and out of radio for about 30 years, and have decided to start DJ'ing on a more regular basis and purchased Atomix to do the job. The type of music I plan on targeting in my Dj'ing is oldies, but have already found out you need some of the newer tunes to go along to try and please everyone that maybe at the gig. My first job is this coming Saturday night, and I am busting at the seams to cut loose with Atomix. I have for the last month been transfering all my CD's to MP3's and putting them on my computer. At this time I plan on using my home computer and later on want to purchase a laptop. (got to do, what you got to do), will be a little more work lugging a full system around, but will get the job done. I have found I get a real blast mixing dance tunes in practice. I have a friend who's equipment cost him about $3,000.00 and another $700.00 for the software to do the mixing. From what I saw, it is a nice software program, BUT does not do much more than what atomix does, I think this has been one of the best purchases I have made. And if the forum will put up with it I would like to report back about the first Live gig with atomix. Not going to be one of the stories like I read in another post of some 600 people, this will be one with around 100 to 150 but the important thing would be how things went. Thanks for letting me rant on, I'll just shut up now.

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 3:19 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
No problem CHarman, I look forward to hearing how your gig went. I DJ with Atomix every weekend to the same size venue. I have learned tricks through my experience with Atomix and if you have the time we can share some of these methods. Good luck ! Remember just have fun !

DJ Homeboy

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 3:46 am
Would love to chat (real time) with someone that KNOWS Atomix. Do you have an ICQ or Yahoo or MSN messenger Id?

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 4:17 am
Guess I should have told you mine..... ICQ is 136165752..........Yahoo username is cableman20002000....and forget Msn have not beenn on for a while....best one to catch me on would be yahoo. If I know when I will plan to be on. My time zone is eastern standard time. Look forward to talking.

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 4:23 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can also join atomix chat !

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 4:32 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
I've been here since the dawn of time, and I'm only a Member even though I beta tested.... :(

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 7:15 am
are you able to download a scratching sound made from actual turntables usuable for the atomixmp3.

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 7:17 am
If you can find samples, or short clips in .wav format, you can put them in the samples. Although, in 2.1 you can scratch by moving the waves at the top of the screen with the mouse.

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Tue 07 May 02 @ 12:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)