Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PC Hardware (for running AtomixMP3 2.1) question?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

There are only 2 reasons why I even use a PC.

The 1st: Downloading MP3's.
The 2nd: Mixing those MP3's in AtomixMP3 version 2.1!

Thats it, Nothing else!

I am currently running a:
PIII 750 Mhz.
512MB RAM
7200rpm 40GB Drive
7200rpm 30GB Drive
SoundBlaster Live 5.1
N'Vidia Riva TNT2

and Im using AtomixMP3 with an external mixer, (whether that makes a difference or not).

Knowing that AtomixMP3 uses very little resources and requires very little hardware to run properly, Is it even worth spending money on new and faster hardware for it? Does it make AtomixMP3 work any better?? Any recommendations???

Sorry if this has already been discussed!

Happy Mixing and God Bless to all ;)

TreborTrax

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:38 pm
I've tried the 2.1 demo on two machines: one 933 MHz PIII with loads of RAM and a geForce2MX and my lame-ass computer at work (500 Mhz, 128 Mb RAM and loads of standard operating environment-software to slow it down.
Making a comparison between those two wouldn't be fair but all I can say is that it runs like SHITE on the 500', every pitch-change, nudge or even worse: mousedrag in the beat-graph, makes both tracks lag and skip and chirp(you know those classic MP3-noises)...

On my 'puter at home it runs OK and I don't have much problems with performance but I usually kill everything else as it SOMETIMES skips once or twice per hour, probably due to harddrive-usage by other programs.

Having a faster system only helps to a certain degree but it's always nice to know that it won't start skipping on you all of a sudden so having a safety-margin would be good...

I'll be buying a whole new 1.8(/2)GHz computer within 2 or 3 months as I have to give back the one I have now to my employer(absolutely 100% free PC for all employees..not an employee by the end of the summer) so by then I'll know for sure.. :)

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 10:27 am
ever tried hardware mode?
makes atomixmp3 run way faster!
regards

Posted Sun 28 Apr 02 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)