Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Pro Controller......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone else think that a usb/serial device that you could configure to use with atomix, containing all of the important features, and include a proper mixer. Another possible outcome, would be able to sent the audio via the mixer, and have it seperate much like a normal set of decks. I think this would rock, and id certainly go out and buy one if they weren't too expensive. I am partway through drawing up some concept designs for it, what it could look like etc. and i will post a link to the site i am going to put up with the drawings on.

If you have any ideas, or would like to submit a drawing for me to put up on my website, send an e-mail with the pictures attached to djdawsonuk@hotmail.com

i look forward to hearing your responses

dj dawson uk ; )

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:33 am
Would that be a USB-controller just for Atomix?
That could be useful but if you manage to do a generic mixer/controller-unit, maybe even with USB- !OR! MIDI-capabilities... that would surely rock even harder :o)

I'm not sure though if it's possible to do a MIDI-controller that acts as a mixer for two separate inputs and returns it as one (or preferably two, including PFL) output(s).

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:53 am
yeah thats what i meant, a controller for atomix alone, it will be easier to explain when i have some concept plans drawn up, although i'm not an electrician, so i wouldn't be able to build one :'( but id sure like to see one built!

dj dawson uk

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:51 am
the team has made several announcements that they are licensing the Numark DM-1 controller and making Atomix work with it. You still need an external mixer.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 9:40 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
i think any controller should not have mixin features onboard (crossfader EQ's Etc...) it will only clutter the interface and make it took tacky....
If the DJ is that serious to spend a fair amount on the controller, they should have an external mixer
.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 12:07 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
i meant "look Tacky"

soz
.::DJ Ben Jammin::.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 12:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)