Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'm having trouble using an audio cd in atomix v2.1???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djspicHome userMember since 2002
I want to use a audio cd or a burned mp3 cd,,but I keep getting an error message??

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 11:17 pm
That's because you have windows 98 second edition. This means that6 you don't have the wdm drivers needed to play them in automixmp3. You might want to consider upgrading your os.

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 12:45 pm
nah thats definately not the reason........there is always conflicts in the program. The best thing is to format ur comp....its a bit of a pain in the ass, but it will work.

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 1:10 pm
Not if your os is win98 second edition. Reformatting will not solve your issue, that person is just trying to screw your comp up and waste your time. What you can do is get the cda2wav plugin from winamp.com, and play cds in atomixmp3 that way, but it requires that your computer is pretty fast (it skipped on my p3 600mhz).

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 2:12 pm
Thanx! But what do you mean by getting the wdaplugin from winamp.com,,,do I download it from that site,,,can you please tell me how????

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 12:00 am
djspicHome userMember since 2002
No problem ,,got it working jus fine now,,,except for only one thing,,the songs skips sometimes???

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 12:28 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Playing a CD in this program can be a bit of a resourse hog. Your best bet will always be to rip the track to mp3.
I have a p-4 1.8g machine now, that seems to handle the CD audio OK, once it spins up and loads. Before this I had a p-3 933, it skipped 2-3 times per track during CD playback. I only dropped a CD in to test, I would NEVER play CD audio in a live set.

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 12:48 am
yes i agree. I wouldn't even rip it into mp3 while playing live. If you need to play a cd live, I suggest hooking up a cd player to the line in on your soundcard. You can use something as inexpensive as a discman if you only need to play a song or two on a cd. Just keep in mind that the song on the discman will come in at full volume since it's not on atomixmp3 controls.

-MixMasterMatt

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 1:18 am
I have a athlon 1 gig system, and the song didn't skip once, however, atomix slowed right down. It's a clever system, as you can play two songs from the same cd... ahem... although dont expect to have much control over it. i found out the hard way... if only it had been intergrated better it may stand a chance at being a decent cd player

dj dawson uk ; )

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 11:25 am

Hey guys, It`really funny that I can play 2 audio tracks from same cd in same time, but we can`t mix dinstinct cd`s because it skips. I think is a problem from Atomix`s buffer ( while converter cda to wave ). I`m using 2 Asus cd drives and the problem is not from them. Yan-x said once that DVD drives maybe can do it because they`re faster ? I know most DVD drives have higher buffer ( +/- 512 ) and higher acces time ( I`ve ready seen an Asus DVD with ATA 100 interface ), but i can`t believe thet they can solve skips problems

Posted Thu 25 Apr 02 @ 6:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)