Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The rise and fall of 2.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

laxskanHome userMember since 2001
Firstly thanks to everone, atomix team skin,plug designer and users

I’ve tried all over the mp3 mixer progs. Atomix is the best one to us.
Hoooowever some thigs I wish to highligher for future designs.

1. Ever time I boot 2.1 atomix called up the internet. It does this on both my desktop nad laptop. Is there a fix for this? Once should be sufficient

2. As more features are installed the more complicated the skins and difficult to use. One of the best skins is classic palm however my laptop needs high res for full screen.

3. The file menu can be quite difficult to read some times it appears that the text is in low res or something can this be resolved in the skin file ~(yes I know there’s a skin forum) and the menu window seems to be getting smaller.

4. Comparing the functionallity between ealier versions pre 2.X, 2.0 and 2.1 the speed of the graphics has really deteriated. If you compare atomix to pcdj or mixvibes you see what I meen. These two programs have many features but function very nicely why cant atomix be like that. Don’t get me wrong I’m not slagging off atomix I’m just giving a little constuctive critism. Atomix is still the best but for how much longer?

A big rethink is required in the coding department.

Any way enough of me slagging I’m off to play on my SL 1200.

Cheer alex

Posted Mon 22 Apr 02 @ 2:32 pm

This certainly wasn't blatant nagging: I totally understand all the points made.

1) The internet-connection attempts can be stopped.
The team says that there shouldn't be any connections by the demo-version if Charts(sending playlist-info) is disabled but it still tries to go online.
See http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?forum=5&topic=333 for a way to stop it (a bit technical but it works..)
The host that Atomix tries to connect to is autoupdate.atomixmp3.com and possibly one more, don't remember exactly, "127.0.0.1 autoupdate.atomixmp3.com" is now in my hosts-file/table)

2) (& possibly 3) ?) Depending on what the skinmakers focus on the skins can get every control possible or very few controls... we(I am one of them) control the size of the browser/options-screen, text-size, which functions we want to have on it and how big(/high res) the skin is..
The team has provided us with a working (and very easy to use) skin-engine, we just have to make the right skins.

4) I haven't really noticed any drop in performance between the 2.0 demo and the 2.1 demo but that might be because I am one of those who don't seem to have problems at all with Atomix..
However I tried the 2.1 demo at work once and the beat-graph was as jerky as a rabbid dog and the sound lagged a bit when I modified the pitch of any track... but that is probably due to the lame 'puter I tried it on :o)

But all in all.. a big rethink of the engine or maybe even a revision of the FAME-algorithm wouldn't hurt.. maybe they can't improve it, maybe they can.. even if it's just a small improvement...

Posted Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)