Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it supposed to do this?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Every time I start Atomixmp3 it turns the system volume all the way up. It gets really annoying because if I start playing without turning it down, I get blasted with music. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Posted Fri 12 Apr 02 @ 7:05 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try to enable the multi-instance feature in the options menu.
Bye,
Dj Coc "Argentina"

Posted Fri 12 Apr 02 @ 7:27 pm
Keep the system volume control set to maximum at all times and compensate by lowering the volume on your speakers or hi-fi system.

Why have the Windows sound turned low anyway, unless you have speakers with no volume control (passive) in which case I suggest you buy some active speakers.

Posted Sat 13 Apr 02 @ 11:39 am
do not listen to him. when the track volume is at a peak, and the system vol is 100%, the soundcard cant amplify the sound any higher, and quality gets worse... you should always have a margin of 10% or something on all volume levels...

:+: dj vishnu :+:

Posted Sat 13 Apr 02 @ 2:04 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Like Dj_coc said enable the multi-instance feature this will prevent Atomix from adjusting the volume to 100%.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sat 13 Apr 02 @ 9:55 pm
DJ Vishnu is absolutely correct: having the volume set to 100% all over is NOT a good idea.. I usually have my volume-sliders set to 75% or something like that even though I have active speakers (which have been blasting every night since I found Atomix by the way.. and it's starting to show.. no bass whatso ever in one of them :)

Counter-question to the anonymous person:
Why have the volume maxed out and push the limit of what the soundcard can handle when you can have both your soundcard and speaker-amp set to half and still get a good and undistorted sound at a reasonable level?

Posted Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 9:13 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, I keep my windows volume at 100% and my Atomix volume settings full up. I use the mixer for all volume adjustments. I want maximum output from the computer to the mixer.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 02 @ 5:21 pm
Let's say that his soundcard output is noisy, or that he is getting unwanted noise over one the the wires that go to his mixer. If he is sending a quiet output to the mixer and then he turns up the colume on the mixer, he'll also amplify the noise. However, when he cranks the volume up on his computer, the noise stays the same, so it's not that apparent when he turns the volume up on the mixer.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 3:23 am
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001

Posted Tue 16 Apr 02 @ 3:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)