Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why should I buy Atomix? part Deux!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just realized that this post from me was considered as a hack-post... due to a type-oh
'
Time-limit? So THAT'S why my demo crashes without any explanation after a couple of hours or coding??

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 12:52 pm
Time-limit? So THAT'S why my demo crashes without any explanation after a couple of hours or coding?? ---I MEANT MIXING

I just play around with the demo for the time being as I cant afford the full version just yet.. and every so often when I've been fooling around for 3 or 4 hours the controls freeze and as other applications are brought up the entire Atomix-window except the beat-graph turns white... is this intended or is it crash?

If it's a known problem I might reconsider buying the real deal as I had this problem with 1.12-demo as well..
Oh well.. I'll probably just get some Mi..hrmm...Tinytinytiny-soft'ish explanation like "It's not a BUG, it's a new FEATURE" :)

...I get the popup as everyone else but as I'm just a bedromm DJ (wannabe even) I don't mind that.. what concerns me is that the entire demo freezes after a couple of hours.. I have just downloaded the 1.12 demo and then a few days ago I installed the 2.1-demo in the same location.. it works perfectly (with popups, no hacking what so ever) and then suddenly without warning all the controls freeze and the current song keeps on playing at the current pitch but I can't change anythin....

(re-posted as I had a greater-than sign in the previous post (html-problems))

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 1:05 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
fork out the money for the full version and you can enjoy what everyone else is enjoying at the moment.......

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 1:57 pm
Uh oh, you mentioned that you use the demo, therefore, the Atomix Team will once again blindly jump to the conclusion that you are what they term a 'poor hacker'. i.e. Someone using a crack on the demo version of this program.

Even though you explicitly state that you are suffering from the 10 minute-interval popup ordering you to purchase the program AS WELL AS suffering the crashing problem, they seem to have missed the former statement and Yan-X goes off on yet another one of his tangents claiming that you are a 'poor hacker' as you don't have the popups.

Hello, Yan-X, try reading a post thoroughly and not embarrass yourself with misconceptions that would have been avoided if you had read the message and understood it thoroughly. He says that he is using the DEMO version, he mentions no crack. He says that he HAS the annoying popup appearing every 10 minutes. Try having some respect for the users who are trying out the demo version instead of jumping to stupid conclusions and attacking them as 'poor hackers'. Will the imbecilic moderators on this forum stop ASSUMING that anyone who says they are using the demo, is using a cracked version of this software?

Now, how about you address the crashing problem that this gentleman is suffering from, so that he may consider buying the full version once his fears and doubts are allayed. That way you won't lose yet another potential customer, assuming he's still interested after this debacle.

In my opinion, some of the moderators here are either too young or too apathetic to the well-being of Atomix to be involved in any way with this company. Atomix may crash and burn if this playground fiasco of a forum continues to be run in this way. Their puerile attitude and indifference to registered users and potential customers alike leaves me incredulous.

Good luck, Stephane. You are going to need it.

(Post saved ready for re-posting should this be deleted as usual)

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 2:08 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
First the old topic is not deleted : http://www.atomixmp3.com/forum/display.html?forum=3&topic=6084

He has been moderated but not by me.

By the way in the old post where can you see any note about the pop up all the ten minutes ?
I can't see that and i didn't have edited any message (I guess you thinked i did it, sorry to say "no I didn't do anything!")

So It is true that hear someone say he will use a demo version with pop up during 4 hours is a bit "unsual" !

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 3:14 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
and I 'm proud to be as pueril as you are

See ya'

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 3:16 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A Demo is a DEMO....

Its free !!! with whatever rules Atomix see fit to apply...

They own the software !!!

If you like the software BUY IT like everyone else. surely you dont expect a full working version without time limits for free..

There would be no incentive to buy otherwise would there !!

2.1 is superb...there is nothing out there to touch it !!

Happy mixing

STU

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 5:16 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Either pay for the program, and love it like we all do, or just go away. I don't need to waste my time reading shit like this.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 9:19 pm
Hey, Talon, don't waste your precious time reading shit like this then, go back to eating it instead. In fact, here's a bit more for you and the other retards to chew on. Enjoy:

He did NOT say that he went 4 hours without a popup, he said that after 4 hours Atomix CRASHED. Can you bufoons not read?

Yan-X, do you know the difference between a computer crash and a popup? What part of crash did you take to mean he was using the demo with no popups?

He knows about the 10-minute interval of annoying popups but since you assumed he was using a cracked version with no popups, YOU referred to the time-limit popups (or lack thereof, in your opinion) as being somehow involved in the problem (because you thought he had a cracked version), he took it to mean that there was a time limit that caused the demo to crash after two hours or more. Got it yet? He is using a normal demo with no cracks. I haven't even seen any cracks available for the demo, the full version seems to be much more popular on the net.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:02 pm
It's hard to follow the original "Why should I buy Atomix?" thread as so much has been deleted. It may not have been Yan-X who referred to the time limit which invoked a response from the original poster of the topic.

Here is one of the remaining posts by the person who began that topic:

"Time-limit? So THAT'S why my demo crashes without any explanation after a couple of hours *of mixing (later correction of typo)*??

I just play around with the demo for the time being as I cant afford the full version just yet.. and every so often when I've been fooling around for 3 or 4 hours the controls freeze and as other applications are brought up the entire Atomix-window except the beat-graph turns white... is this intended or is it crash?

If it's a known problem I might reconsider buying the real deal as I had this problem with 1.12-demo as well.."

Some moron mentioned the time-limit most probably in reference to a cracked version using a crack that doesn't even seem to exist yet. The above post does not say anything about the poster using a crack. He merely states that two different demo versions of Atomix tend to crash on his computer after a few hours of usage. Now, why not try to help him solve his problem?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:08 pm
Yan-X, maybe he did say in the old post that he had the 10-minute popups, I don't know as the topic is ruined after so much 'moderation', i.e. deletion of posts.

Yan-X misinformed:

"So It is true that hear someone say he will use a demo version with pop up during 4 hours is a bit "unsual" !"

Translated:

"So it is true that hearing someone say that he is using a demo version for 4 hours with no popups is a bit unusual !"

Where in the old message does it say that he was using the demo for 4 hours with no popups, Yan? I know you would like to think that I have moderated the post in question, but I have no such power. Maybe it disappeared along with the post in which you claim that the original topic poster says he has no 10-minute popups? My my, we seem to have a common problem!

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 11:21 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
it seems that you just really want to be contrary no matter what anyone says. Perhaps the moderator was correct in moderating that thread, perhaps he wasn't. Either way, it happened, let it go. Move on. Jeeze!

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 1:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)