Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: is there a case around?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey guys i am just curious bout it.i am using a laptop & external mixer.So i am bored from carrying them in seperate cases :( are there special cases for dj s who are using laptop with an external mixer?

Posted Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 10:00 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
If you find one, post about it here, cause I need a case I can fit my laptop, mixer, Extigy, and eventually Atomix-controller in...

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 12:09 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, I've always designed and built my own racks. I've been toying with the idea for quite a while now. It just got a bit easier, because with 2.1, I really don't think I'm going to need the on-board CD player. Well at least not a denon 2600f. (i may make some space for a small personal cd player in case a re-boot is ever needed)

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 4:38 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
By "racks" do you mean a vertical arrangement?

I really want something like a wide, shallow suitcase that I can put everything in, all hooked up, and have on the outside an RCA stereo-audio-out and a power plug.

I bet I'll have to build it myself. Might be fun...

Posted Mon 01 Apr 02 @ 10:45 pm
that might be cool... Hadn't thought of configuring it like that. Most of my post vinyl "racks" have been vertical. Amp on the bottom, then the dual cd player, an equalizer, and a power strip. then on top at an angle the cd controller, and the mixer, and 2 fans blowing down into the rack to keep things cool. I've been slowly developing a new rack in my brain that would house the laptop. Only I've been picturing it vertical. Now I may have to send my brain off in a horizontal direction and see what it comes back with.

Thanks for the idea.

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 2:57 am
Hey Rick or anyone else ... Are there any cases out there just for 10" mixers ? Or do I have to build one myself ?

Thanks @!!!

Posted Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 8:10 pm
LOL, I don't know. I think I've seen some around. I have a decent little home wood shop, so I sort of get this mental image of what I want my case to look like, buy some wood and cut away anything that doesn't match the mental image. Then I buy some contact cement and black carpeting and cover it. Just add velcro and you are ready to go.

Posted Wed 03 Apr 02 @ 2:01 am
Get yourself a coffin case as used to house t/tables & mixer.
It works for me, the case is strong and lightweight.

Posted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 7:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)