Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can't set the BPM properly with ALT-B

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when I'm mixing something with a breakbeat etc I have to tap the beat in an external BPM program (winbpm) to find the BMP of the track.

then I enter the bpm winbpm came up with by selecting the deck i want and pressing ALT-B.

sometimes it doesn't work properly, eg if I want to change to BPM of deck A, it will change it in deck B, sometimes it won't change at all and sometimes the little window won't even come up!

Is this a bug, or am I missing something... could it just be a problem with the demo version???

your help much appreciated... if i figure this out it'll be worth buying this!

Posted Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 4:15 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Shouldn't you be changing the bpm of the track, and not the deck??
For me to get the breakbeat bpm's perfect, I have made up a 130 bpm track of a single beat repeated for a minute or so.
I then put on the breakbeat track in the other deck, and set it to 100% of it's bpm. Next, stop it at the beginning of a beat, and then match the 130 bpm sample to the peaks, till the fourth peak on the 130 bpm matches where the fourth beat of the breakbeat track is...
Now look at the 130 bpm tracks reading, and this is the true bpm of your breakbeat track. To fine tune it, get them both playing and in sync, and if it takes ages for it to go out of sync, then you have matched it very well indeed. This works great for me doing old school (90-93) breakbeat mixes, and doesn't give atomix a headache on my puny computer.
Hope this makes some sense, I don't know how many times I typed "beat" in this!!!
cheers =))

Posted Fri 29 Mar 02 @ 11:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)