Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Large mp3, wav files spliting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RosterHome userMember since 2001
Wchich program is the best? I want to record a CD with splited mix. I've tried a lot of this stuff, but most of it converts mp3 files to PCM and it take a lot of time (Goldwave, Cool Edit etc)

Posted Sun 17 Feb 02 @ 2:42 pm
Use atomix's recording feature for that....just load the long WAV file on the desk, start recording & play it and click on the scissors that is right beside "stop recording", this splits to the next track.

The only drawbacks there is to this, everyone but be done real-time (if you have a 80 min. file ... it'll take you 80 mins to split it), also it outputs the file as a .wav ... so if you want it to be an mp3 file .... you have to use another program to encode it to mp3. (i use CDEX)

Hope this is of any help.
Dave.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 02 @ 6:14 pm
typo - everything NOT everyone

Posted Sun 17 Feb 02 @ 6:15 pm
yo trip...r u nuts?? who is going to wait 80 min to split the track like this??? the guy asked if there is a program where you can do this i.e see the whole sound file (80 min) and check the split points and so on....

Posted Tue 19 Feb 02 @ 4:50 am
Sorry if u think i'm nuts .... there are about a thousand of programs out there ... and i've tried alot of them. Most of them are demos and have major limitations. Others are pathetic and useless. Maybe someone else here knows of a really good one.

In MY opinion, I don't mind at all splitting my mixes in real time since i know exacly where the split is going to be and also I can preview it before i burn it on CD.

dave.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 02 @ 6:37 am

Posted Tue 19 Feb 02 @ 5:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)