Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: You know you have a kicking set when ......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Shanghai Police Pull Plug On Fatboy 7/12/2001

Fatboy Slim had an unforgettable gig in Shanghai at the Typhoon club on Wednesday night. This was Norman Cook's (Fatboy Slim) first DJing excursion to China and was part of a six date tour of the Far East.

He worked the crowd into such a frenzy organisers got worried because the floor was vibrating so much. The gig was stopped after Fatboy Slim had played for only one and a half hours and the police hustled him off the decks.

Police then ordered promoters to play slow romantic music to calm the crowd down (not a noted part of any Fatboy Slim set!). Fatboy Slim managed to get back on for a 15 minute encore, then the lights were turned on and people were ushered out of the venue.

(I got this from the fatboy slim site, anyone have similar stories?)

Dave.

Posted Fri 08 Feb 02 @ 2:43 am
Yeah man don't you have seen any gigs yourself? Never been on Trance Energy, Innercity, etc.? Well babe, come to Holland!!!! There you can see this kind of things all yourself!!!

Posted Fri 08 Feb 02 @ 1:17 pm
Bullshit, i have been many times to Trance Energy, Innercity and Sensation... I never got any problems, only at Dance Valley, but that's a stupid party...

Posted Fri 08 Feb 02 @ 1:28 pm
i've always wanted to go to holland. One of these days ... ! I'll be a guest DJ at one of those funky-ass clubs with atomix (that will be when atomix 8.1 will be out!)

Posted Mon 11 Feb 02 @ 6:41 am
i wanna go to trance energy...
and gatecrasher...
oh well...go figure

Posted Wed 13 Feb 02 @ 9:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)