Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MP3 Normalization / Atomix Gain Control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys !

I use soft mode only for recording, along with using my headphones to monitor. I don't want to rely on atomix's auto-gain feature since it is not that accurate.

IS there any way to accurately match the output levels using the headphones? (Too bad the headphone output went through the sound card AFTER the input fader - if u know what i mean).

Or should i just use a normalization program. Does anyone know any good ones ???!!!

Cheers !!!!!!
Dave.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 02 @ 5:15 am
uhh?

Posted Wed 06 Feb 02 @ 6:13 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Like DJ Maboul said in the French forum: dbPowerAmp is a good tool for that. http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Greetz, ikke

PS. Sorry for those effects, I didn't recieve anything from Corpse. I hope he'll help me a.s.a.p. I'm going to make a sort of tutorial (using a new .h file) so Java programmers (like you) can create DSP effects quite easy.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 02 @ 1:02 pm
i've tried db power amp, it sucked!!! I couldn't notice any normalization and i've compared 40 "normalized" tracks with the originals and it's just the same... And it's not that the originals were already perfectly normalized, because some tracks were really very low volume...

Any other ideas??

Posted Thu 07 Feb 02 @ 12:19 am
YEAH !!! I tried it too.....NOTHING !!!

But i still want to check the output level using my headphones.

Cheers.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 02 @ 3:03 am
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001

Posted Fri 08 Feb 02 @ 3:24 pm
Try mp3 gain (www.geocities.com/mp3gain)

Posted Sat 09 Feb 02 @ 2:19 pm
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
Regarding normalisation, some programs normalise an mp3 by finding the peak volume and using that level as a standard for other mp3s. Other programs such as mp3 gain and mp3 workshop normalise an mp3 by finding the average volume which is far more accurate. Perhaps dbpoweramp uses the former method (having never used it, I cannot say this with certainty).

Mike

Posted Fri 15 Feb 02 @ 3:11 am
Hey! dadegian I did tried that program (MP3 Gainer) and its perfect. The only problem is the program takes too long to analyze the files, but ones U pass that. U will it worth it.

Posted Fri 15 Feb 02 @ 5:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)