Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to avoid beats killing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RosterHome userMember since 2001
What should I do? Change crossfader behavior to smooth? Eliminate the bass of one of the tracks? And then what? If i try to nudge one of track, there are no beats killing, but beats do not go at the same time. What are your methods to avoid this?

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 12:02 pm
That's easy. Go into control panel - add/remove programs. Click on Atomix and then click uninstall.

Now go and download a real DJ program.

Cured!

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 5:31 pm
YOU MUST DIE!!!

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 6:40 pm
OzgurHome userMember since 2002
I really don`t know who the fuck is that...But i really wanna know his IP address...

Look you sick fuck...If you know how to make a program..make a better one against atomix or shut the fuck up!!!

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 9:05 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
If you write messages like this first one, I don't think you have the patience to write (even a bad) DJ program. It's really hard labour (like all programming jobs in Windows ;-)).

Greetz, ikke

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 9:43 pm
RosterHome userMember since 2001
What about beat killin' ?

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:01 pm
Poor Roster!

When you have the exact same frequencies playing together, they both cancel eachother out, which also gives you a "flanger" effect. If this happens often, as you tried, nudge the beats off just a LITTLE ! This is easy in Atomix because you have the beat window, whereas turntables its alot trickier.

Try that and play around with it. See what works!

Hope this helps.
Dave

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:10 pm
(Sorry i forgot to log in)

Dave

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:13 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Hehehehe "I wanna know his IP adres"......tjeez guys this is a GENERAL forum. Although it is Atomixs' forum everybody is allowed to give his or her opinion, whether it is positive about Atomix or negative. And the fist post whas quite negative and to be honest....I found it was quite a funny post.

PS: For the "I wanna know his IP adres" guy...come on, how old are you????

CU

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 10:26 am
i wanna know it too and i'm 23 years old

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 1:10 pm
i wanna kill him

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 1:10 pm
Back to the main question children, bass killing beats is not a problem that is limited to atomix, as was quite rightly stated above, it happens with vinyl - and also with CD's. The best way to eliminate it (this marks a professional DJ from a good amateur) is to use your bass control on the EQ.

The only problem with using atomix in software mode is trying to turn one track's bass down whilst simultaneously turning the other up - impossible with just a mouse (or even a touch screen monitor - the ultimate controller!!!) but so easy with an external mixer.

So, best thing is to get a 3d card (or 2nd card) and an external mixer with EQ's, that will take your mixing to a high level.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 1:43 pm
23 years old and what an immature attitude. How sad. I gave my opinion in what one person picked up on as a funny post.

I will continue to give my opinions just as you give yours. If you really desire to kill me, please try, I enjoy hurting fools although I think baiting them is illegal, so I may not get away with it.

To want to kill someone because they have a negative thing to say about a software program you use is both pathetic and worrying, I advise you to seek psychiatric help for an underlying disorder that may well get you hurt in the future.

Ever considered that your 'little atomixer' attitude annoys me just as my cynical attitude annoys you? Hmmm, something to ponder, boy.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 2:54 pm
Doh! I forgot to say thank you to Dave Ocean for some very sound advice. The real answer to the original question is to buy an external mixer if funds allow.

Posted Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 2:55 pm
well, i donno what to say, i have to agree with the guy above, about installing new real Dj Programm, he made some sence there, i think he meant when Atomix becomes a real DJ PRogram then install it, or if there is already one floating somewhere you have to find it and install it, in fact i was browsing the web on DJ programms and i came accross a good site that gives the comparision of like 40 dj programms, i didn't know that there are so many dj programms out there, and i was goin to each of their individual web sites, they were so expensive, and looked really professional to me...so i just wanna say open your eyes ppl, and look around, and see what's going on ...

Posted Mon 28 Jan 02 @ 4:17 pm
i`m not sorry about my IP address message i "was" death cirious about that at that moment... `couse i searched & tested all the other programs ...BELIVE OR NOT ATOMIXMP3 IS THE BEST ONE THAT U CAN GET!

NON OF THE OTHERS GOT %99.9 BEAT MATCH function like Atomixmp3
NON OF THE OTHERS GOT %99.9 EASY USE

Guys.. we all loving, makin and producing somethin` (music)
you `all got me wrong but if any of u can get or make(writing program like that) a better one "please" show us...

otherwise beeing an axxhxxx like that is not the way to be in any forums...right?

Posted Wed 30 Jan 02 @ 9:14 am
Shut the fuck up you ape-brained pixie. Come near me and I'll kill you. Doubtful? Come and try me you dressed-up bitch. I'll smack you to the ground and then kill your family.

Atomix is not perfect even if it's better than the rest (for the time-being). Just because it is better than others, it does not mean we shouldn't address the issues with it, such as shit sound and audio glitches. Remove your head from your fat gay arse you butt-licking turdwipe. Damn, I wish you were here so I could hurt you.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 02 @ 2:19 pm
Man, i really don`t give a FUCK
Your stupid brain can only be able to write that kind a words....As you see the others don`t give fuck either...As your low IQ is showing us that your fuckin mantality ain`t gonna change in any how ...for this and the other opinions...so that means FUCK U AND GOOD BYE!
This is a free world and everybody can say anything about anythin "even your stupid low ass brain and your -140 IQ"

Posted Thu 31 Jan 02 @ 7:26 pm
Plus did i say U MUST USE IT...of course there are lots of shitass programs gonna show up and the others including ATOMIXMP3 gonna get down...BUT NOW THAT PROGRAM IS THE BEST ok man.. try to understand if you can be able to..LOL..:))))..

Posted Thu 31 Jan 02 @ 7:31 pm
Both of you need to grow up! You are fighting over software.
GET A LIFE!

Posted Wed 27 Feb 02 @ 7:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)