Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help !! quality sound.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi !

someone that could say me of a program
to give a uniform quality to all the files mp3

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 6:08 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
The quality depends of the bitrate your MP3 is ripped from your CD, and you can't raise it. If you'd like to uniform the quality, all your songs will have the same quality as the song with the lowest quality. If you mean to get all your files at e.g. 128 Kbps, the files which are ripped at e.g. 96 Kbps, will only become bigger (they'le take more space on your HD), but the quality willn't change (it's even possible it will lower your soundquality, if you don't use a good program!).
So you'd better leave your files like that (or encode all your CD's again ;-)). I even don't see any reason to uniform the bitrate (quality) of your files???

Greetz, hope it helps, ikke

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 6:24 pm
not to modify the birate of 192kb to 128 kb or 64 Not !
the quality is decreases or high many times one of 64 kb
it is listened better than one of 128kb

I want to solve that, it is not with something
program if exists

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 7:04 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
??? Can you please re-explain what you mean, because I don't understand, sorry.

Posted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 9:52 pm
If you mean you'd like to improve the quality e.g. from 64 to 128kbps, that's not possible. I mean, you can decode and re-encode the mp3, but the quality won't be any better.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 12:47 pm
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
I think what he meant is a software that will help compensate for poor ripping or poor recordings. He mentioned something about a 64kbps file sounding better than a 128kbps. Altough it may seem funny, it also happened to me. I have some 160 and some 192 files that sound very bad and I have some 128 files that sound very good.

If you're ripping your tunes yourself off a CD, then quality shouldn't be an issue, but when downloading off the net, the best way (assuming you have a high speed connection) to get better quality is to download another version of the tune that is better recorded.

Of course, there are programs that will help you get better quality but they can only do so much for your bad quality files. They can help, but they won't do miracles.

DJ Omni
http://www.productionsomni.com

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 2:53 pm
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
I don't know how to improve the overall quality of mp3's but you can always increase (or decrease) the sound volume with the program "MP3 Workshop".
http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~mp3workshop/
check it out. It's a free (!) mp3 ripper, encoder, decoder and resampler.

D.

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 2:56 pm
Thanks Friends!
by its commentaries.

I believe that or I understand if one grbacion is bad continues being bad if this 128Kb or 192Kb. is no program that solves it but if the volume can be increased to if it is

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 4:57 pm
DJ Omni
Junior

as they are the programs?

Posted Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)