Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: why cpu usage go 20-50% in new version?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wickedHome userMember since 2001
the old version still does work okay..
in version 2 it makes eyes hurrt to look the music displayer!

My computer 1ghz and sb64 PCI nvidia.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 7:59 am
wickedHome userMember since 2001
and the cpu usage is very high if i don't have any songs loaded in atomixmp3! playing the mp3 doesn't make noticeable difference to cpu usage!!

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 8:00 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think that is because new version use more craphics than the older versio. If you try another skin like classic, you will see the cpu using to be less. Also you can modify skin.xml file and make sound craphics smaller then the original.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 11:33 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Turn out any virus scanner or any other resident program!

Greetz, ikke

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 12:58 pm
maxiusPRO InfinityMember since 2001
What CPU are you using? (Make and Speed) You could overclock your CPU however your PC will run a little warmer. How much RAM do you have?

Maxius

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 7:58 pm
The person who wrote this message does NOT state that they are having any problems with Atomix, such as slow or jerky running, merely that it appears to use more CPU power.

YES, it does use the CPU more than the old version, but your computer is more than adequate for the job. Don't turn off memory resident programs and don't overclock if everything is already working fine. Does the CPU usage really bother you so much you have to write about it in here?

As for the display colours, hmmmmm, why not try downloading a different SKIN. If only you had taken time to read the online manual.....hmmmm.

Posted Thu 27 Dec 01 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)