Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: need help: running 2 soundcards in 1.12?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i recently installed a 2nd sound card, however, i cannot get it to work with atomix 1.12

both sound cards work, cos i can play media player and winamp at the same time, etc. but i cannot make it so that i can hear the mix thru the speakers and the next song thru my headphones.

i have the full version (didnt log in), and both sound cards are Creative, so i cant assign 1 and 2 to be two different cards!

can i change the choice of sound cards so that i can run two Creative cards??

please help!!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 5:48 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
First, you must have the purchased version, not the demo with a crack.

Second, I advise you to update to the 2.0 version. Why keep the 1.12 ?

If you're a registred user please login and / or mail us to service@atomixmp3.com

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:38 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
Definitly upgrade to 2.0. It's awesome!!

and yes, the demo version doesnt even contain the code for the second card... so even if the crack lets you select it, your SOL. Support Atomix :D

Anyhow, I know creative says you can't run two SB cards in the same box.. but ive never actually tried it.

Do you actually have two sound devices? IE in the mixer (windows mixer) can you toggle between them? see them both in the control panel under sound & multimedia? If you in fact have two sound devices, they WILL show up under the atomix sound config, however they may have the same name.. but there will still be two devices listed.

Check your device driver config. Also, get the latest drivers from www.soundblaster.com and install those.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 7:55 am
2 sb cards in the same box is very possible.

in fact..i run three.
sb 1024 live
sb 512
sb 128

(use them for mixing, broadcasting and visual sampling)
somtimes it is best to let windows use the original drivers...if you download the newest, there will sometimes be conflicts within the corresponding sb-software)

:+: dj vishnu :+:

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 10:00 am
no i dont want to upgrade, im more than happy with 1.12

plus i dont have a very fast computer, so it may not handle it....i dont want to go out and buy it and realise it doesnt work.

i gave atomixmp3 the deadline for the demo (11:59pm on the 30th November, but it wasnt ready then), so unlucky!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 10:39 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If it´s true what you said, that you paid for AtomixMP3, it would be no problem for you to download it, test it, and then, if it isn´t better, reinstall the old one. But as you don´t do it, I really think you´re using a cracked version. But cracks won´t work with AtomixMP3!

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 12:27 pm
If you are a registered user of Atomix and you have 1.2, then version 2.0 is FREE. So why not download it and try it? You have nothing to lose. As for the demo deadline, you only had to wait a few extra hours for it to become available, and you needn't have bothered waiting for it anyway, as you could have just downloaded the full version for FREE (assuming you are a registered user). No cracks will make the soundcards work, the code just isn't in the demo, I know from experience.

Posted Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 1:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)