Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AtomixMP3 2.0 opinion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nateHome userMember since 2001
Well, I just (finally) bought atomixmp3 after playing with the 1.12 demo for much time, waiting to see if AtomixMP3 2.0 would be worth the purchase.

All in all, after actually purchasing the full version, I'd say it was worth it. For me (thus far) the highlights of 2.0 are:

Kill switches - even if the EQ isn't the best, and it really hard to handle (little knobs), the ability to assign a keyboard shortcut to toggle quickly between kill and +/- 0db makes a usable kill switch.

Keyboard shortcuts in general - finally, I can assign shortcuts to the keypad - I've defined shortcuts to the keypad keys and labeled them... crossfader, cue point set/goto, 8 beat loop, 'magic' sync, and beat skip are now on my keypad. I also assigned easy-to-access shortcuts to pitch controls, nudging, and effects. I play to modify my keyboard to connect to an external box with well-positioned buttons, for each deck.

BeatMatching improvements - a fine pitch adjust.. no more +/- .2% granularity... You can now adjust the pitch in very fine increments. The magic sync also seems to work better.

Sampler - Havn't played much with it yet, but I can tell it's going to be interesting

Looping - the autoloop 2, 4 and 8 beat functions make it real easy to keep a bass line going on a song that's about to be faded out... keeping the beat going until you get a 'break' where you can mix out of the previous track and into the next track seamlessly

Volume management - AtomixMP3 2.0 now has a gain control just like the gain control on the winamp EQ.. and after getting the volume levels of a track by playing through it, it will keep the track levels in sync very well... big improvement here over 1.12.

Track splitting for recording - Breaks up the wav files according to crossfader movement or by clicking next track on the recording menu. very handy.

Improved sound quality

and probably a bunch of other stuff i havn't ran into yet.

My complaints:

THE SKIN - *yuck* (im sorry, had to say it)

Effects - a good start... the framework is there.. but none of the included effects is worth much - the flanger sounds fairly bad compared to a real flanger... but I imagine people will be writing DLL's for some cool stuff to come!

It also seems 2.0 requires a little more resources, but still is within reason given today's PC's, and thus far has been as stable as 1.12!

I'm happy... Keep up the good work, looking forward to updates and downloads (skins, more effects, etc)

Posted Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 11:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)