Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Traktor rocks!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, not as much as Atomix, but after working arround it, I learned every functions... and I love it...

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 8:45 am
For the past couple of weeks I have been using Traktor alone. I have to say that it has its good points, but it also has (too many) bad points. It runs jerkily on my computer, which is an AMD Athlon 1Ghz, 320Mb, DirectX8.1. The beatmatching leaves a lot to be desired and I just don't find it as user-friendly as Atomix.

I have to say I am still very much stuck on Atomix and will be using 1.2, when it's out, all the time, without ever even looking at Traktor again. This beta version of 1.2 (ejay mix station) is better than Traktor even as it is, it runs very smoothly and has much improved sound quality compared to 1.12.

I've got some mixing to do, catch ya later.

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 2:36 pm
tractor blows. it's got visual beat display, but why not overlapping? It's worthless that way. it's a hog, unreliable, and not well suited to live performance AT ALL.

Posted Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 7:48 pm
dude you don't need overlapping, you can use cue points and and let say 4 or 8 then premix it and when the time comes you just press the loop thing and you got a perfect transition, plus you change the beatsfrom one song to another by killing the current son'g beat and you won't even notice how the next song has started, i have switched to traktor form atomix like 2 and half month ago, and i am loving it so far, grat product, and those who say that it's not better then atomix then...well it's your problem, from my experience i can say that 1.12 is no better then atomix...

Posted Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 11:19 pm
and btw, mixmaster, you have to practice on beat matching with traktor some more, it's not hard at all , it seemed hard to me in the beginnig, but now, i can handle it without any problem, you have to know which button you have to press,plus i use my keybord for all the functtions whch is very handy, the programm is very well thought, and another thing it;s never crashed on my pc, and guess what i have, PII 450, 256 mb, SB live, trust me it never crashed on my pc, there are no buggs... well peace people...

Posted Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 11:25 pm
Well OK, maybe it can compete with Atomix. Please tell me again how much it costs ?

Posted Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 2:12 am
299 DM

Posted Thu 01 Nov 01 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)