Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any other ideas for setup?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering if anyone had some cool ideas for a setup with atomix..so far I'm going to have the 2 outputs from my soundcard into my mixer along with 2 cd players and then I also have another output going into another computer with winamp visuals going to the beat projected on a wall. I was wondering if theres any other cool stuff that can be done at parties that will make it a more memorable experience??

Posted Mon 22 Oct 01 @ 8:35 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How do you configure Winamp to get the sound for the vis from the line-in??

Posted Mon 22 Oct 01 @ 11:40 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
mama: if you have the line-in plugin, in winamp press Ctrl-L (like to enter an URL) and enter "line://" without the quotes.

Dams

Posted Mon 22 Oct 01 @ 2:29 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Cool! Thanks Dams! Where can I find this plugin, what is its name?

Posted Mon 22 Oct 01 @ 7:20 pm
I've already posted this before in one of the forums, but I couldn't find it.

Anyhow, it's called "line-in plugin" (surprisingly ;-)) and it's available for download on the WinAmp side.

By the way, are you so incredibly rich to have a projector in your setup ;-) or did you find some more economic way to do such ? I'm currently building a second-hand television set (a rather square model) into a flight case which will be connected to a PC running the plugin (with a TV Out on the graphics card).

I have the same setup as you do, and am using a PC in a 19" server rack case. I'm now going to add a small 9" svga colour monitor into the 19" rack for visualisation (having a monitor on your table takes up quite some space even if it's a flatpanel).

That together with my atomix hardware controller (which I hope to be able to use shortly) will allow me to have the full config integrated in my flight cases.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Mon 22 Oct 01 @ 9:24 pm
Well first off like everyone said you can get the plugin from winamp, its called the line-in plugin and you just start that up and hook up your output to the line in of the computer and your ready to go.

Another thing you can also do is use the atomixmp3 bpm plugin if lets say you have a mixer and your playing a cd and want to find the bpm of the song, using either the headphone out or the rec out, but i prefer headphone so the crowd doesn't hear it ;-)

And no, i'm not super rich that I have a projector, I'm just borrowing my friend's projector that he gets from work. But your system sounds pretty good too except I use a mixer rather than a hardware controller..but its pretty much the same thing and i can use the equalizers on it as well.

Posted Tue 23 Oct 01 @ 9:05 am
Thanks for the explanations.

To be precise : I use a hardware controller AND an external mixing table.

Mixing live with the software crossfader is not my preferred way of working, I prefer the real sliders, crossfaders, equalizer & kill buttons.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posted Tue 23 Oct 01 @ 9:06 pm
I'm looking for a small monitor/TV for using atomix...

DJ Corpse, you mentioned you had a 9" vga screen, where can you get these from and how deep is it?? My laptop has TV out, so I could use a small LCD screen although the refresh makes it hard to see the beat patterns

Al

Posted Thu 25 Oct 01 @ 4:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)