Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does anyone have trouble with trax skipping while mixing?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DeeJayHome userMember since 2001
I have tried the demo version and was sold on it. The demo was flawless, so I bought the full version. Now while playing or recording the trax skip. That did not happen in the demo but it happens in the Full Version. Does anyone know why? I have a PII 600 mhz pc with 256meg of ram running under both Windows98 and Windows 2000. Please Help!!!

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 5:58 pm
This has been reported by someone else. Have a look in the Technical Support section and look for a similar topic, you will find my beliefs on why this happens and what could be done to cure it...

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 7:51 pm
I found a solution for Windows Millenium. To correct the problem:

1) Close all background programs (such as virus software)
From the start menu:
2) Select "Settings", "Control Panel", "Sounds & Multimedia", "Audio Tab"
3) In "Sound Playback", click the "Advanced" tab
4) Select "Basic" hardware acceleration (one notch from the left)
5) Select "Apply" and then "Close", (leaving sample quality on "Best")
6) Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the "Sound Playback"
N.B. My computer was preset on full hardware acceleration and this created the conflict!!
7) Last, be sure that if you have more than one sound driver (note here that I have downloaded the latest DirectX sound driver also) that you select the Primary sound driver within the sound option in Atomix.

But this does not work for me using Wondows 2000. :-(

Posted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 9:25 pm
Within the first few seconds of using the player i too found it skipping now and again, i noticed it happened when i moved my mouse pointer over the wave samples, so i looked on this site for different skins and found one that only has a small window in the middle for the waves, when i used this the music never skips and my mouse pointer never slows, i think its to do with the size of the .bmp used for the skin, it takes up resources.

Posted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 5:30 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Run DxDiag.exe to see if your DirectX works fine and is v8 min.

Posted Wed 24 Oct 01 @ 7:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)