Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Let's get together with a new ATOMIX Version

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been a user of ATOMIX since the begining even before it was ATOMIX and always enjoy, but since the new version takes so long to came out I went and brought the TRAKTOR software.
All I can say is that TRAKTOR as some interesting features like TRANSFORM and also volume control, but has also some problems like to many keys to memorize the functions and also it hangs up after a while and I have a good machine.
So now I can really say that I feel more confortable working with ATOMIX because is much easier and more reliable, I also work in a club and with ATOMIX no problem for 7 / 8 hours with TRAKTOR with hangs up after some time.
So guys get a new version out and keep up the good work.

Posted Sat 13 Oct 01 @ 5:59 pm
Traktor sucks :/

Posted Thu 18 Oct 01 @ 5:57 am
I have never had a problem with Traktor. It keeps on going.

I started off with VirtualDJ and it did the job pretty well. But there was one problem. I like long transitions between songs when mixing. With some mp3 that is impossible.
And then came Traktor. What I liked most was the loop-feature. Now I could make the transitions as long as I wanted.
What Traktor doesn't perform well on, is the automatic beat-matching. Not as well as Atomixmp3. But I gave up on that feature, and started doing it manually using the arrow-keys to keep the beats in sync and to operate the crossfader.
In my opinion that is much cooler, because it gives you a sense of being more like a real DJ, mixing on vinyl. You actually have to listen to the music instead of watching two peaks align or two blinking dots be in sync. Learn the keystrokes and Traktor will soon turn into a video-game.

What I don't like about Traktor is its use of resources. It's not the best coded software.
That is why I'm hoping Atomixmp3 will soon have many of the features that Traktor has, and still be as efficient as the current version. What I also would like to have, is to recorder the use of keystrokes and the mouse, and be able to store those on file. That way you can store your mixes with just the mp3-files and the mix-file and not a 900mb wav file. (Yes I know you can encode that wav file to mp3 later... but I would still like this feature... and maybe be able to edit the mix-file.)

Please have more of the controls into the keyboard. I hate using the mouse.

Sorry atomix for going on about Traktor.

- Jim Nordic

Posted Thu 18 Oct 01 @ 9:47 am
In my post... I didn't mean that atomixmp3-users don't listen to the music. But its easier to rely to much on the visuals. Just my opinion.

Sorry.

-Jim Nordic

Posted Thu 18 Oct 01 @ 9:53 am
I think you're right, you do become dependent on the visuals and lose out on what DJ'ing is really about - and that's listening to the music and mixing by ear, making a nice sounding mix, not a visually perfect one which can lack in originality.

I will try mixing with Traktor manually and see how it goes as the auto beatmatching is pants, problem is the resources it uses...

Posted Fri 19 Oct 01 @ 5:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)