Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: You won't believe this.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Good, now I have got your attention, perhaps some clever person can help me with the following:

I want to save a tune that is being played as streaming audio on realplayer. I can save the .RAM file that links to the tune, but that just saves the URL of the tune. Is there some way of actually saving it to the hard drive, even if I have to play the whole thing through?

Cheers

Posted Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 11:39 pm
use the sound recorder(internal) if you have one, or if you have sound blaster live, it has a recorder that says record what you hear....or give me some more details about what exactly do you want
good luck

Posted Sat 22 Sep 01 @ 5:25 am
Well, if you click on a link on a webpage for a streaming audio sound file, up pops RealPlayer, it then connects to the address of the link and starts playing the sound from the server. There is no option to save it to the hard drive though, if I right-click on the sound file link, it only saves a small RAM file. If you then click on that saved RAM file, realplayer opens and connects to the server and plays the sound. This does not allow you to have the sound on your hard drive, you can only listen to it when you are connected to the internet. I want to save it to the hard drive so I can later burn it to a cd.

I have tried sound recorder, but I just get a very distorted mess.

Posted Sat 22 Sep 01 @ 12:42 pm
50% of the times I download the .ram file to the harddisk that is a link (as you say) to the correct file. I open the .ram file with the notepad and copy the link. I lately paste it to the browser or the getright and download the correct file. The other 50 % it is not a http: starting adress and I can't do this trick.

But I have no idea in how to convert the final .rm .ra or .ram to .wav or .mp3. Any suggestion?

Posted Sat 22 Sep 01 @ 5:38 pm
You cannot convert it to mp3 and or wav........but just try to rename it! Can be done in windows if no program is linked to .ram files, and if that's the case just do it in dos like this command: rename noname.ram noname.mp3. If thid doesn't work I do not know it anymore..........;) Cu all, DJ Roger (sorry forgot to login)

Posted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 2:20 pm
I have recently found a software that, if you paste the url where your .rm file or internet radio is in it; the proggie records it to a .mp3 file. The only restriction is that you have to play the stream with winamp before, I think (cos I haven't tested it yet). The name of this freeware proggie is Twins Steam Ripper and you can find more info about it and download it here: http://www.twins-software.com/

Posted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 8:51 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WaveRec at www.waverec.de could be a solution too, but it´s in german.

Posted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 9:55 pm

Posted Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 12:50 am
I had just got stream box ripper, then I discovered a program that was even better, it's called total recorder. Get it from www.highcriteria.com. It works for any type of streaming audio or any other sound your computer makes for that matter.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 8:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)