Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: We want to know the true. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok guys.
a lot as been said about ATOMIX lately, I personally still enjoyed working with the program but, this is now for the people who have the power to control this software my question is as follows:
1-When is the new release of ATOMIX 1.2 (actual date)
2-What criterium did you use to select people to test the new BETA version?
3-STOP with excuses about being small and other shit, can´t you see that there are a lot of people interested in this software , so GET to WORK.
Looking forward to a serious and honest reply.

For all the others that read this message I want to know where you all from?

Posted Mon 03 Sep 01 @ 7:57 pm
Well I am from the UK, but now living in Spain.

I wrote message number 8 in the unfortunately titled 'F**k Atomix' post. As you will see, I am trying to get at the truth, just as you are.

I find it worrying that the Atomix Team are not responded to these posts and that we are not being given any (clear) answers whatsoever...Damn, why is this replacing the previously written text when I edit a mistake instead of writing next to it! I meant responding above, not responded...

With all these rumours flying around about copyright issues and company closure, it would be helpful if the Atomix Team enlightened us all, I am getting very confused...Especially since people post messages claiming to know this or have heard that, yet don't respond to questions regarded their knowledge, such as the MP3GURU.COM message claiming that the said website that doesn't exist stated that Atomix was finished...

I like Atomix and it is my preferred choice of mixing software, but I would like to see v1.2 as soon as possible for obvious reasons, or I would at least like a release date.

Where are the powers that be in this company, and why are they not responding??? Have they been abducted by DJ Aliens from Mars?! When was the last time that Atomix News was updated!!! Not really much in the way of 'news' is it?!

Christ, I have never paid to be this badly treated before!

Posted Mon 03 Sep 01 @ 10:24 pm
THIS IS THE GUY WHO IS CALLING YOU A FAG!!!! (I see that they deleted your wonderfull titled post! F... Atomix

OK, I do apologise for calling you a FAG, and do get your point and understand why you are so upset. The biggest mistake that Atomix could have made was to announce the next version. “SOON”. That is now starting to have a huge impact on the current users. I am a businessman myself, and I make a living from spinning, creating and editing music. I'm from South Africa, Sasha Martiningo is the name. I play on a very popular radio station here and play three nights a week at a fantastic venue privately.

I had a discussion with a gentleman from a leading software company on my show last Friday. He has done some research on the “Virtual DJ” (DJ’s using PC or other related software)

I invited you all to listen to me on streamline net. It was OK and he gave me some very goodnews about certain software sites that is in direct competition with Atomix. He said that there is far better software out there and mentioned them. He told me about another company that has just released a PV of its software and he rates it as the best. I’m not going to give out the names as this is the Atomix Forum and it’s unethical do so.

He rated Atomix as “far from finished” and we argued a bit cause I use Atomix three nights a week with an external mixer and I am able to put 350 people into another world for a few hours.
I only however make use of Atomix as an interface and I have access to a MP3 Server at the club, which is a very impressive but expensive piece of hardware.

The Beta version, Hmm……, at the moment Atomix on its own is only suitable for the House DJ or small party events. What they are trying to do here is make a Professional Version and try to eliminate the use of an external mixer. Even the Beta version is a big step up from Atomix and I really wish they would release it because the Beta version does not support an external mixer. (for the moment) I have given the Beta Version to a few friends to try and they think it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Some of them did say that it takes the Art out of Vinyl and they would get bored but that is a different discussion on its own.

Anyway, sorry about the FAG thing, I call everybody a FAG on my show. Phone me sometime, you will see.

I have spent a few hours with some new software and I shall also invest elsewhere if Atomix does not release “SOON”.

CHOW FAG!

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 12:45 pm
TO DJ PAUL F. ARE YOU USING THE CRACKED VERSION?

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 12:47 pm
Sasha - I am the one who complained about the 'fag' thing, but I did not write the F**k Atomix post. I assumed you were calling very one in there a fag, who agreed with the original message...

It's unfortunate that you deem it unethical to name the better software. As a believer in freedom of information, I wouldn't deem it unethical at all. If it is better software then why should we not know about it and use it? It's a free market and the best man wins in the end.

Would you be willing to give me the lowdown on the software tools available that are rated as good as, or better than, Atomix, if I were to give you mt email address?

Also, I am interested in the interview you speak of, unfortunately I did not get to listen to the live netstream....Is it available on the web anywhere to listen to, or do you plan to put in on a website? I would really like to hear it.

MiXmAsTeR

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 1:59 pm
Thank you all for the interest you have on this site.
I am from Portugal but lived in South Africa for 13 years by the way where you from and what radio station you work?
I'm now staying in Portugal and I do small dance projects, I have also worked in a local radio station and when I can play in a local club.
If anyone be so kind to give me the address to look for a good mixing software I would appreciate.
My e-mail is :p.feiteira@iol.pt
Best regards to everyone
By the way I have a purchased version it was an upgrade from the old VIRTUAL DJ.
Keep talking
CHEERS

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 6:31 pm
Likewise for me, if you could email me the names and locations for the software, I would be indebted to you.

Cheers

jamesqbullock@hotmail.com

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 7:20 pm
Sasha,

First of all, your post referred to streamline.net to listen to your "radio" show. Streamline.net transfers to herballmall.com - a site that sells herbal substances which from my experiences is almost scam level marketing much like amway is. If you are going to refer us to your show, give us the proper address. Builds crediblity, as would signing your name to your post, as would actually signing in so we know who is giving us this important information.

Second, and this is not official as I am not a team member, just simply a beta tester: If you have another product to look at, post the name here. I have referred to Native Instruments Tractor, PCDJ and others in several posts. One way to develop good software is to look at competing products and outdo them. As users we want to know what those products are. Do us a service and report this stuff.

Shawn
Washington, DC, USA

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 7:38 pm
well, i just wanted to let ou guys know that, i have tried almost allthe dj ing programms, they are:
vtt, pcdj, bpm studio, otsjuke, mixmeister, TRAKTOR, atomixmp3 i guess these are allthe competitions that are so called good dj ing softs, if there is anything i am missing please let me know
....anyways, te best i like from these are Traktor and ATOMIXMP3, THEY ARE SO FAR THE BEST (excluding that VTT used to be the best before these guys showed up), i have the latest ppcdj red, and it sucks big time i don't think you can use it live it's just a shit, waste of money, Bpm studi is ok, but still is a waste of money, coz it's not very professional, otsjuske is a total crap, i don't think i would call mixmeister a dj soft coz it's not really......Atomixmp3 is very simple preo dj soft i love it it's well designed very well thought, as you can see atomix team is messing up everything, no updates, just promises ( thats exactly what happened with VTT), so later it's most likely to die (unless ofcorse atomix team will suprise us with long waited update), Traktor i would say was the best soft i have ever seen so far with pro features and excellent design, i would say it's better then Atomixmp3, and it doesn't seem to be dieing, but it looks like it's growing, probably it will take over the DJ ing softs and tools in the nearest future.....i want to know if ithers think the same way......

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 9:10 pm
You have missed MixVibes PRO

it's a very good dj software

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 9:18 pm
yeah youare right, i have used that soft too, and it's like bpm studio, no better then that....

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 9:34 pm
I will talk more tomorrow, see if i can get the scripts online - and give you hi's and low's (that I know of - we spoke alot about mp3 server hardware) I am not a internet man so that login thing drives me mad cause I forget my password. In the mean time try this link out and listen to "live streaming audio" sorry for the mistake

check out www.5fm.co.za

Posted Tue 04 Sep 01 @ 10:35 pm
mix vibes is awesome. while atomix does kick ass and is incredibly easy to use, mix vibes is the piece of software that comes the closest to the real feel of being a dj. matching the beats of your own is much more challenging and enjoyable that simply hitting a button that does it for you. the only thing that comes closer than mix vibes would be to throw down a couple cd decks on your table.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 3:45 am
Where's your fucking loyalty, people? Traktor is excellent but it was released after Atomix 1.12. Give the Atomix crew the benefit of the doubt and leave your criticisms until after the next release (if there is one). As good as Traktor is (sounds better, has EQ & Kill features, looks better, etc.) the innovation of Atomix's beat window remains unchallenged. Let's be honest without its visual beat-mixing I don't think Atomix would crack it as DJ mixing software. Hopefully the programmers are aware of the current version's limitations and are making the necessary improvements. I'll tell you now, though, if the new version doesn't include some essential features like kill buttons, eqs, and some sort of attempt at vinyl effects simulation I don't think anyone is gonna bother forking out for a new version. I'm behind you guys for now cause I love your software but I (like everybody else) am getting annoyed with the lack of feedback (honesty) about the release date. Good luck!

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 3:48 am
dude, who cares about loyalty, so what if atomix was created before then traktor, the fact is tractor went ahead of it, well if you really care what was before then i should say
VTT which is still the best dj ing soft out there, it's the the first professional dj ing soft, even though it didn't developed, it's good as it is...so please stop talking about what was first and what was second, we need the fact!!!!!

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 4:08 am
VTT has died in the arse. There's no point in mentioning software that is no longer in development. MixVibes is awesome as others have mentioned. My point is that Atomix is the innovator (in my opinion) and I hope any new version will continue that trend.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 12:19 pm
Whats the address for this "Traktor please?

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 1:25 pm
MixVibes is awsome????????? what are you talking about, dude, i would rather use VTT even though it's dead instead of mixvibes, the fact is i mentioned VTT becouse the guy mentioned that traktor was created after atomix, and i just brought this name, i know it's dead, but there are some ppl who are working to develope "clone" VTT 2 i hope it's will work out, meanwhile, please don't mention mixvibes dude if i didn't have Traktor i would use BPM studio instead of Mixvibes, for some of your information the address to Traktor is www.nativeinstruments.com
try it it's the best so far!!!

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 3:08 pm
Traktor is naff. The auto-beatmatching should have been left out as it's terrible. I played two tunes with loud, clear 4/4 beats and it couldn't keep them synced. One deck kept slowly down and then speeding up, then they would play in beat for a few seconds and then the moment another instrument came in, the beat sync was lost and had to be re-found. Absolutely useless. And this is on an Athlon 1Ghz with 196Mb SDRAM.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 4:50 pm
yo have to learn how to use the synk button, i had the same problem in the beginning, now i found out how to use the synk button and not having prob with beatmatching....good luck

Posted Wed 05 Sep 01 @ 5:53 pm
83%