Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where to download Old Skool mp3's?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

If you are an Old Skool hgead like me, you may have tried finding mp3 tunes on the net pertaining to this amazing, nostalgic never to be bettered, style of music.

You, like myself, may have tried the likes of Napster, WinMx and so forth...Unfortunately, although they are excellent for most mp3's, they are lacking in old skool material, or at least it is hard to find it, if, like me, you do not remember the names of the tunes.

Anyone know of a good site or way of finding these funky tunes?

Also, if anyone can help me get the name of a tremendous old skool tune from many years back, I will bow to them in unworthiness. This tune has the line "mummy always said never talk to strangers" in it, or at least thats how i remember it. The line is followed by some pretty screeching music. Definitely one for nostalgia, if you're me anyway....

Cheers :0P

Posted Sat 25 Aug 01 @ 12:37 am
ello .. well then, although i cant think of (m)any sites that give you oldskool mp3s directly, i would have to say bassquake.co.uk has the largest archive of real player files. You could always convert them to mp3 by using a proggy like streambox ripper (hard to find but ive seen it about :o)) but the results are not perfect.
failing that i would recomend going to a search engine like google.com and typing in 'oldskool hardcore audio' or sommit and clicking for decent links from there.
Also, try using audiognome.com as i found it much better than napster :o)
The choon you mention isnt The Prodigy's - Charly by any chance??

Posted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 11:26 am
Acidbottle, thanks for replying to my post. I have heard that Audiogalaxy is best for mp3's, I have been using WinMx which I thought was good, but someone told me it was terrible for mp3's??!! I will try audiognome as well.

The tune I mentioned, I have found out, actually went like this: "Charlie always said/says, never talk to strangers..." (thats more or less it) so the fact the prodigy tune you mentioned was Prodigy - Charlie, you may be right!

Gracias

Posted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 3:45 pm
You were right, it is that Prodigy tune. Pity that nostalgia always seems better than it was... :0)

Some things are best left to memory.

Posted Sun 26 Aug 01 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)