Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Virtual DJ please keep our music library the way it is , stop mixing it up
Virtual DJ is such a great dj software & i love so many of its features, but there"s only one thing that i cant stand is mixing up our music library. Dont get me wrong the music library features are great & i love them all. i just wish to keep the music in my windows folders in the same order i put them in. it causes me tons of problems finding songs when i have a few thousand songs in a folder & not all of them are named properly.Im not a big detail person I dont even know the track title & artist to 80% of the songs I mix. Anyways thanks for listening & being my #1 fav dj software {Im a stem dj }
Peace & have a great day!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 12:37 pm
VirtualDJ does NOT perform any operations on your files or folders.
You can change how you see the contents of a folder (Sort by BPM/Artist/Title .e.t.c.) but that's only inside VirtualDJ browser.
Same applies for your folders (tree view). You can drag the folders up/down, but that change happens only in VirtualDJ. It does not change anything on your system.
Also if you drag some folders up/down by mistake and messed their order you can:
A) Reset to the default sort order by right clicking the parent folder and selecting "Reset Order"
B) Lock the default order by changing the option "lockFolderOrder" to YES

Posted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 5:03 pm
You can also right click on the collum names,
then activate series als a new collum,
now you can everytime sort by this in every list.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 9:24 am
So you are saying that i I can get the original windows file order inside windows folders back?

Posted Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 5:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
what original windows file order? windows can date sort, name sort, size sort etc etc there is no original order

virtual folders & playlists, they're the only thing with a defined sort order and that order can be recalled with "reset sort order"

Posted Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 5:09 pm
Are you talking about files within folders or about subfolders within folders ?
Please try to ask more clear questions.
The browser tree (on the left side) can absolutely be "restored" to match Windows (which sorts folders alphabetically by default)
The songs area (on the right side) can be sorted in many ways, including by filename if that's what you're after. However most dj's simply don't use/have any use for alphabetical sorting, and that's why it's so unclear what you're actually after.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 23 @ 12:06 am