Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Batch tag changes without overwriting
Hi. What would be really dope is if there was a feature to make changes, remove and/or add tags to a batch of files in a particular tag field without overwriting the tags that already exist in the tag fields. The way Virtual DJ tagging system currently works when batch tagging is it will overwrite existing tags in a field with the new changes the users makes. The user might want to keep the tags that make the files distinctive from each other but perhaps simply wants to add a tag that those files have in common. Or a User might have misspelled a tag or changed his or her mind on how they were tagging files. A helpful feature would be to allow that user to seach tag "#HipHip" (for example) and change all "#HipHop" tags to "#HipHop with change any other values in that tag field. This feature would be groundbreaking in term of helping DJs organize their music. Thanks for allowing this feedback.

Posted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 1:39 pm
+1

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 9:57 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can first sort the files by that field in the browser, then it's easy to select only the files with the field empty, open the tag editor and change it for only those files.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 10:17 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you can add to a tag as a scrolling repeat type script.

Posted Tue 27 Dec 22 @ 10:20 am
locodog wrote :
you can add to a tag as a scrolling repeat type script.

locodg Can you please elaborate on this?

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 3:39 pm
Adion wrote :
You can first sort the files by that field in the browser, then it's easy to select only the files with the field empty, open the tag editor and change it for only those files.

But let's say none of the fields are empty and all of the tags not the same. I want to be able to press ctrl and select hundreds if not thousands of files that have their own unique pre-existing tags and add 1 tag (or any number of tags) I want to add to them without overwriting the tags that make them different. I want to keep the "multiple values" and add any number of tags.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 3:48 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
say we have this string variable, to append the comment tag

set_var string " text I want to add" & 
set temp `get_browsed_song comment` &
set temp `param_add 'get_var string' 'get_var temp'` &
get_var temp & param_cast 'text' & browsed_song "comment"

that's one song, to do many songs user a repeat start that does that as it scrolls down a list.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 23 @ 4:04 pm
This request has been asked for quite a few times by different ppl. A Rekordbox-like sideview pane would be nice.

+100

Posted Thu 19 Jan 23 @ 4:42 pm
loois33PRO InfinityMember since 2019
+1 !

Posted Tue 24 Jan 23 @ 10:20 pm
locodog wrote :
say we have this string variable, to append the comment tag

set_var string " text I want to add" & 
set temp `get_browsed_song comment` &
set temp `param_add 'get_var string' 'get_var temp'` &
get_var temp & param_cast 'text' & browsed_song "comment"

that's one song, to do many songs user a repeat start that does that as it scrolls down a list.

Where would I type this script? In one of the VDJ backup files?

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 4:37 pm