Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-RZX channel VU meter mapping bug report
Not the end of the world but I'd still like to find a solution. I am running the latest 2023 b7356 version with a Pioneer DDJ-RZX (latest 1.11 firmware version) running in Internal mixer mode.

The problem: If I select to output the Sampler to Deck 4 of my mixer (or any other channel), the sampler audio is routed correctly on that channel, but the channel VU meter does nothing on the RZX. On the other side, If I load a track on that same Deck, the VU meters works fine, so it's seems a factory mapping issue/ limitation not showing the sampler VU on the selected mixer channel. Can this be fixed by tweaking the default script ? The LED_VUMETER in the RZX default mapping looks like this:

mixermode ? var_equal 'linech' 0 ? get_level

I personally changed it a bit to modify the channel VU meters behaviour to my preference, but nothing more:

mixermode ? var_equal 'linech' 0 ? get_level & param_pow 0.3

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 3:37 pm
yes same proble with DDJ1000 - vu meter are mapped to low..

in Rekordbox at same level and headroom much native right and higher...

in DDJ1000 i use in custom mapper :

get_level & param_pow 0.5

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 6:38 pm
Yes I get that, but it is not the main issue I am describing. On your DDJ1000, if you set the VDJ Sampler output to, let's say Deck 4, do you see the Deck 4 VU meter working when you play anything through the Sampler ?

Me, I see nothing on my RZX, despite the Sampler working on that mixer channel. I am wondering if there is a script change I can make to get the Sampler "get_level" working on the assigned mixer channel.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 9:46 pm
Anyone ?

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 8:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try ...
mixermode ? var_equal 'linech' 0 ? sampler_output ? get_vu_meter 'sampler' : get_level & param_pow 0.3 : nothing

The downside of this is that, if you have Sampler output to Deck X but you still use this Deck to mix, the output of the playing Track will not affect VU meters of Deck X
But this may work for both cases, so try ..

mixermode ? var_equal 'linech' 0 ? sampler_output ? param_add `get_level` `get_vu_meter 'sampler'` & param_pow 0.3 : get_level & param_pow 0.3 : nothing

Posted Thu 08 Dec 22 @ 4:10 pm
Hi DJDAD, You'r the man !

Both works exactly as you described, No way I could ever figure that out myself.

BTW: I also tried the default mapping on a Traktor S8 I had laying around, and it had the exact same issue of Sampler not showing on the assigned deck VU Meter. Maybe that feature should be added in the native VDJ code so we don't have to tweak the individual mappings ? #wishlist ;-)

Thanks again !

Posted Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 3:14 pm