Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Onboard sound to internal sound card - License message
I have just installed a Soundblaster Z SE sound card to replace my onboard sound, I am now getting a yellow "Warning Triangle" in the "Line Input" settings stating that i need an "Analog Mixer License". Surely this cannot be correct, any ideas please.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 9:47 am
Post a screenshot of your audio configuration please.
However keep in mind that some aspects of the audio configuration (like using line inputs and/or timecode) are limited on controller (Home PLUS) licenses.
A Home PLUS license allows the unlimited usage of the controller and the audio setup it needs to operate.
Anything "extra" will be limited.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 10:41 am
This is not about the soundcard itself, but about the routing configuration.

If you want to output deck1 and deck2 on two separate audio outputs, and mix them with an external analog mixer, that's a Pro configuration and requires a Pro license.
The Home free license only let you send the master and the headphone on two separate audio outputs (which is the standard home configuration)

If you have a controller with an integrated mixer, then a Plus license for this controller will only let you use the soundcard from that controller to do external mixing.

In your case, from what I understood, just make sure you select "master + headphones" in the audio config, and you should be good

Posted Fri 18 Nov 22 @ 11:19 am
johnPRO InfinityMember since 2020
user22942424 wrote :
I have just installed a Soundblaster Z SE sound card to replace my onboard sound, I am now getting a yellow "Warning Triangle" in the "Line Input" settings stating that i need an "Analog Mixer License". Surely this cannot be correct, any ideas please.

I had the same message this past weekend. I have a pro license, what did you find out about this error? How do I fix it?

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 3:47 pm
johnPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Stephane Clavel wrote :
This is not about the soundcard itself, but about the routing configuration.

If you want to output deck1 and deck2 on two separate audio outputs, and mix them with an external analog mixer, that's a Pro configuration and requires a Pro license.
The Home free license only let you send the master and the headphone on two separate audio outputs (which is the standard home configuration)

If you have a controller with an integrated mixer, then a Plus license for this controller will only let you use the soundcard from that controller to do external mixing.

In your case, from what I understood, just make sure you select "master + headphones" in the audio config, and you should be good

It told me my Denon MC6000MKII was not supported and I will need a different license for an analog mixer. Sound routing Options didn't even offer my Denon, but it knew it was plugged in. What should I try next? I rebooted everything, logged into VDJ, it showed my Pro license at the top, but still wouldn't let me use it.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 3:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 4:33 pm