Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: why has vdj reset everything?
i loaded up today to be treated like a newbie. All settings reset, basic user skin, no tracks in the sidelist etc, filters gone....

i can't remember what i'd set up over the past few months of using VDJ 2021.
Can anyone help me roll back or shed light on why this has happened please?

fyi, the settings say i'm on version 8.5-64 b6613. Which ever it is, it's not as good as 7.4.7!

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 8:59 pm
try and reboot your computer and run it again

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 9:39 pm
thanks. that's done nothing.

although, starting the machine at home on broadband has offered a newer version. maybe that will discover the older settings?

It was horrid DJing last night, good job everyone was outside in the beer garden!

Posted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 2:51 pm
still dealing with the crap 'new' vdj.

anyone got a clue on how to restore settings?

or a clue as to how to get vdj 2020 as good as the old 7.4?

Posted Fri 01 Jul 22 @ 11:07 pm
Samething happed to me, 2 days ago, but gave me an message saying that my video card drivers are out dated, said, because of this ,VDJ was going to disable some things, but when I tried to update the drivers for my video card, there are no updates for it, so that window keeps coming up. So, I disabled that message, it reset just about all my settings after that, had to go and remap about half of the setting, it even took all my settings for when I broadcasting audio, had to add URL and password lost everything had to rest it. But so far, there is not anything that is not working that was working before, so weird, I happy it works thou. I was able to do show without problems last night with VDJ, for 2 hrs. So don't things they disabled on VDJ because Video Card has not updated drivers. Hopefully things will continue without anymore issess.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 22 @ 8:46 pm
I guess no one has the answer to why this happened yet, it's been a while still no real answer.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 22 @ 7:58 pm
VDJ can't just reset everything. It's not possible.

Main issue is when you start VDJ when another instance is already running and it can't start the database.

There is now a built-in backup function which can be used to avoid any further issues

Posted Fri 22 Jul 22 @ 8:13 pm
Hi everyone. I have a VMS4 and I have not used it for quite a while. Dragging music and playing it is all good. But for some reason my standard queuing is controlled by one of the Chanel’s and I cannot Q up tunes from disc 1 or 2 can anyone help me or know some contact at VDJ to maybe. REBoot ?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 22 @ 2:28 pm