Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-400 master audio output just stops / sound dropping out
stefanPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I am using the DDJ 400 with Virtual DJ on a MacBook Pro (13", M1, 2020).

Three times now on gigs the audio output from the DDJ 400 stopped during the set out of nowhere and it was just silence. Virtual DJ never crashes and the audio meters lights up in Virtual DJ but the meters on the DDJ-400 stop and no sound comes out of the master output. This happens about 20min to 2h into my set appears to be quite randomly. DJ nightmare scenario.

I then have to unplug the DDJ 400, plug it in again and also have to "apply" the controller in the settings again for sound to come out the DDJ 400 master output.

It seems to be the same exact issue many had with the DDJ 400 (but with DJay for iOS, not VDJ) in this forum thread: https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360053923491-DDJ-400-with-Djay-for-iOS-audio-drops-out

The DDJ 400 is fully licensed in Virtual DJ.

There was never any issue with the DDJ WeGo4, that I used before with the exact same setup.
The DDJ 400 sends Midi data, the WeGo4 does not. Maybe the issue is rooted in this.

MacOS Monterey 12.4
MacBook Pro M1
Virtual DJ v8.5-arm b6921

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Stefan

Posted Mon 06 Jun 22 @ 1:13 pm
As additional information: I realized that Virtual DJ keeps working normally. When recording, the recorded file has uninterrupted music. Also, you can still use the DDJ 400’s buttons (for example the play / pause buttons) to control with Virtual DJ, but there is no output. Also the Channel Level gauges on the DDJ 400 are frozen.

One additional finding: After the DDJ 400 crashed, or when plugging the DDJ 400 into USB before opening Virtual DJ, the headphone cue output just outputs loud and distorted noise.

I uploaded a video to YouTube, to give some better overview about what is going on: https://youtu.be/My3dGXP__qA

Posted Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 7:30 pm
same problems.......
mackbook pro mid 2012

Posted Wed 15 Jun 22 @ 1:13 pm
Update:

It does not seem to be a USB / power issue:

- same issue with a powered USB-hub
- same issue with USB-C to USB-B cable
- USB current drain by DDJ-400 always below minimum USB specification (measured always 420mA on a 5V USB bus in any configuration / max headphone volume / all controller LEDs on
- the issue does not occur using rekordbox (the DJ software from Pioneer itself)

Posted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 6:19 pm