Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loading Wrong BPM
This is starting to randomly happen, but frequently.

Example:
I'm playing a song on deck A at 90 bpm. I'll load a song that has been analyzed at 90 bpm on Deck B. However, When I load that 2nd track, it shows the bpm as 95.34, even though the pitch slider is at 0%, and everything about the track shows 90 bpm. The track seems to play at the right bpm, but it's disconcerting to see the wrong bpm displayed on the GUI jog wheel. Am I missing something?

Posted Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 12:26 am
Are you using the default skin or a custom one ?
Also is the file you're loading already analyzed for BPM prior loading ?

Posted Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 9:13 am
Using the default skin in performance mode. And yes, they songs are scanned before loading.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 1:28 pm
Anybody?

Posted Sun 21 Nov 21 @ 2:53 pm

Posted Sun 21 Nov 21 @ 4:07 pm
wickedmix wrote :
have a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Sb2qOYaSc

also resetpitchonload setting might need adjusted to the way you like it.

Unfortunately, this isn't what is happening to me.

An example of the issue I'm having is that I may load a song that has a BPM of 95 on a deck (track is already analyzed for BPM, etc). When loaded, the library correctly lists the song as 95 BPM, but the deck will assign some random BPM like 101.8. The tempo slider will still be at 0.0, which means it's not the auto match features. The playback itself doesn't seem to be affected, and I COULD get away with it by simply using my ear....but I'm curious as to what the actual issue is.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 21 @ 4:22 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
is it all tracks? could you post a screen shot.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 21 @ 6:38 am
locodog wrote :
is it all tracks? could you post a screen shot.

No it's not all tracks, which is why it's such a head scratcher. I'll try to replicate it again in a bit and take a screenshot.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 21 @ 2:03 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could it be a multi bpm track? Just voicing possible causes.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 21 @ 2:15 pm
locodog wrote :
Could it be a multi bpm track? Just voicing possible causes.

Thought about that too. Don't think that's it though...Let me try to recreate it now and get a screen shot. (Been prepping dinner all day...lol)

Posted Wed 24 Nov 21 @ 11:26 pm
Weird. So I found a couple of tracks where this is happening. Re-scanned it, and the bpm updates on the deck, and now appears to work correctly. But I KNOW the tracks were scanned previously...*shrug*...seems to be sorted out just by re-scanning affected tracks as I run across it.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 21 @ 11:33 pm
Mind you that if you updated recently from a very old V8 build, the BPM engine has been improved and it forces a file rescan on tracks that were not analyzed with the new improved engine.

This could also happen if you try to load a song that was analyzed with version 8.0 or 8.1 but was never played since. The BPM engine will see that the track is not scanned with the latest version (of the BPM engine) and it will rescan the file.

Posted Thu 25 Nov 21 @ 9:38 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Mind you that if you updated recently from a very old V8 build, the BPM engine has been improved and it forces a file rescan on tracks that were not analyzed with the new improved engine.

This could also happen if you try to load a song that was analyzed with version 8.0 or 8.1 but was never played since. The BPM engine will see that the track is not scanned with the latest version (of the BPM engine) and it will rescan the file.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Not sure if that is the reason or not, but sounds very plausible. Would you recommend that I just rescan my library? Or would that do more harm than good?

Posted Fri 26 Nov 21 @ 1:57 am
The easiest thing you can do is this:
1) Clear the "automix" list
2) In the browser search bar type "*" without the quotes. This would result a list with all your files
3) Select one track on the browser
4) Press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all files
5) Drag & Drop all files on the "automix" list

VirtualDJ will start scanning automatically any tracks that need to be scanned / rescanned (and only those tracks)

Posted Fri 26 Nov 21 @ 1:21 pm