Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: where do you store your tunes for a show?
Im a bit curious where people store their songs and videos for a show.

Back 2010ish i used a 3.5 wd hdd in a cooled external case,
Then by about 2015 i had the tunes on that laptops hdd and never had any issues.

I have a buddy who uses usb flash drives

So what do you use?

Many thanks
cheers
b

Posted Mon 15 Nov 21 @ 6:53 pm

Posted Tue 16 Nov 21 @ 3:49 pm
Idk I'm a Virgo

Posted Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 5:05 am
Recently I have been trying to organize my library and have a stable hierarchy for my files. My laptop (PC) is linked to onedrive, so before any gigs I Free Up space by telling OneDrive to hold the files on the cloud , until after my gig.

This just free's up Space and helps take some load off my cpu.

My Master Library is on a 1tb external harddrive (usb3.0) that I have in a titanium shell. This pretty much contains my whole library of visual art, personal pictures/docs, Videos, and audio. A mix of professional & personal items.

I have two other external drives that are the same as my master. One Serves as my "working drive" (constantly being changed , wiped, and rebuilt)

This drive is great because before any occasion that would benefit from content in my master drive, I can tailor my file structure to the need.
This also forces me to be constantly aware of the items I have at my disposal. The organization aspect is important because after awhile it will begin to become second nature & compatible with the way you think and perform.

The third drive is used as my hard backup for important gigs or used as my loaner if I want to easily collaborate.

Sorry for the rant. I don't have a journal.

-Nate

Posted Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 5:15 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
For as long as I can remember, external have been my go to choice for storing music.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 3:38 pm