Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: sticky - Page: 1
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Discussion about sticky

I make plugins for fun, to learn [and occasionally be useful] . If you find this useful and you think it worth it, you could
Throw In To Beer Fund

just a couple of £/€/$ from every 10th download would keep me in beer, thanks

Sticky, it's made to help you remember good mixes. It can also suggest stuff based on what you've already said works.

^There^ it is, 8 buttons
Button 1 = track on deck 1 can follow the track on deck 2
Button 2 = track on deck 2 can follow the track on deck 1

pause a second and let me explain what it actually does,
I press button 1, it takes the FILENAME of the track on deck 1 and puts that info into the grouping tag of the track on deck 2

that's the "recording/remembering" part of it.
then we have the "recalling" part of it, buttons 3 & 4

Button 3 = track on deck 1, read the grouping tag and then create a list of the tracks found there.
Button 4 = track on deck 2, read the grouping tag and then create a list of the tracks found there.

That's it - this new track follows this old track, push a button and put the name of the new track on to the tags of the old track, next time I play the old track I can push a button and it will recall "you said this track was good to go after and his track was good to go after and etc etc"

Now a couple of notes,
Note1 the fx does not need to be switched on, you press a button it will wake up for a second, commands like this are all you need
effect_button 'sticky' 1
effect_button 'sticky' 2
effect_button 'sticky' 3
effect_button 'sticky' 4

Note2, you could use 2 custom_buttons
custom_button 1; [this deck follows the other deck]
action_deck 1 ? effect_button 'sticky' 1 : action_deck 2 ? effect_button 'sticky' 2 : 

custom_button 2; [give me the list for tracks that follow the track on this deck]
action_deck 1 ? effect_button 'sticky' 3 : action_deck 2 ? effect_button 'sticky' 4 : 

Note3, it works with deck 1 & deck 2 only, bigger than that I'd be explaining 18 buttons.

UPDATED INFO

updated, 3 new buttons,
button 5 "listB" just pulls a list for the song pointed at in the browser.

button 6 & 7, this is where it gets interesting.
button 6 "xr rev" [cross reference reverse] once you've pulled a list, pressing this button will create a new list that finds all songs that reference these tracks.
example track A on deck, pull its list as normal, tracks B,C,D are known to follow [you stickied them] press xr rev, it will pull a new list for all songs known to go before B,C,& D, so suggestions of what might work with 1 degree of separation.

button 7 "xr 2pass" [cross reference 2nd pass] similar to button 6 except it searches forward, example track A on deck, pull its list as normal, tracks B,C,D are known to follow [you stickied them] press xr 2pass, it will pull a new list for all songs known to go after B,C,& D,

MORE UPDATED ONE MORE BUTTON

button 8 "DEEP" this makes buttons 3,4,5 also provide back referenced tracks, so it will [as it always did] give tracks that are referenced by the track you are looking at, but it will also pull tracks that reference the track you are looking at

HOW I USE IT

in practice time I have the fx gui open searching for new links,
during performance I've added 4 of the important buttons to my skin

to start with it seems slow but the more you use it the smarter it gets, once you reach a critical mass just linking one extra track can result in dozens of links you might not have thought of.

*EDIT* 2023/11/06 UPDATE
sticky has had an update if the fx is on and you call one of the list buttons, the results are now displayed in the sideview, if the fx is off the results are shown going via the folder tree.

Posted Fri 04 Jun 21 @ 8:16 pm
I've been playing with this some more.
As it is now, it's very direct, if it's in the list then you put it there.
Really all it does is a bit of reading & typing text, you do all the 'discovery'

However the more tracks you mark with a sticky, there's more information that can be cross referenced that could, at least hint to other tracks to try out in practice time.

I'm still exploring ideas, and I'll give the current build some time for people to get used to it, but this is what I'm thinking.

we have a track, we make a list of known good mixes, what other tracks are known to work with tracks in this list.

1 reverse search; As normal you press the button to get your list of "known following tracks", but then a new button press will read this list and it will give you a second list of maybes by looking backwards for other tracks that have stickied any of the tracks from the first list.

2 cross reference 2nd pass; As normal you press the button to get your list of "known following tracks", but then a new button press will read this list and it will give you a second list of maybes by looking forwards for tracks that have been stickied on to the tracks from the first list.

After that it's still down to your decision if you actually sticky any of these tracks.

I'll give it some time for people to get settled with the original build.

Posted Sun 06 Jun 21 @ 4:33 am
A good source for stickys could be playlists [if you're a make playlist of mixes type of person]

I made this little script to save some pain for stickying files from a playlist, it will work backwards thru a playlist

All you have to do is open a playlist, ensure reset sort order and press this button.

[work backwards thru playlist & sticky automatically][updated]
browser_window songs & browser_scroll bottom & set memory `get_browsed_song filename` & repeat_start scroll 25ms -1 & browser_scroll top ? repeat_stop scroll : browser_scroll -1 & param_contains `get_var memory` `get_browsed_song grouping` !? param_add "get_text '`get_var memory`|'" "get_browsed_song grouping" & param_cast text & browsed_song grouping & set memory `get_browsed_song filename` : set memory `get_browsed_song filename`

Posted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 10:43 pm
If you're one of the brave souls to be adopt early. I'd appreciate any feedback.
I've also got the more advanced listing version ready to go and I think it will speed up process of building a comprehensive suggestion tree by suggest stickys you might not have though of.

[I suppose I should look at how RB does this now, there might be ideas to rip off appropriate ]

Posted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 10:51 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
initial init of memory is useless
With new addition to param_contains maybe something like this would prevent duplicate ?

browser_window songs & browser_scroll bottom & set memory `get_browsed_song filename` & repeat_start scroll 25ms -1 & browser_scroll top ? repeat_stop scroll : browser_scroll -1 & param_contains `get_var memory` `get_browsed_song grouping` !? param_add "get_text '`get_var memory`|'" "get_browsed_song grouping" & param_cast text & browsed_song grouping & set memory `get_browsed_song filename`

Posted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 11:29 pm
@nico, good catch, had to add a true reply to the last query to update var memory for the next turn. Thanks, script updated.

Posted Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 11:43 pm
little something to link everything in songs list to everything else is song list.
not the fastest script [10 songs in ~5 seconds] I think there's a faster way but it's a complicated script, c++ version will be much quicker

repeat_start 'LinkAll' ? repeat_stop 'LinkAll' : browser_window 'songs' & browser_scroll 'top' & set 'myString' `get_browsed_song 'filename'` & browser_scroll +1 & repeat_start 'LinkAll' 25ms & param_equal `get_var 'myString'` `get_browsed_song 'filename'` ? browser_scroll 'bottom' ? repeat_stop 'LinkAll' : browser_scroll +1 & set 'myString' `get_browsed_song 'filename'` & browser_scroll 'bottom' ? browser_scroll 'top' : browser_scroll +1 : param_contains `get_var 'myString'` `get_browsed_song 'grouping'` ? browser_scroll 'bottom' ?  browser_scroll 'top' : browser_scroll +1 : param_add "get_text '`get_var myString`|'" `get_browsed_song 'grouping'` & param_cast 'text' & browsed_song 'grouping' & browser_scroll 'bottom' ?  browser_scroll 'top' : browser_scroll +1

Posted Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 1:13 pm
updated, 3 new buttons,
button 5 "listB" just pulls a list for the song pointed at in the browser.

button 6 & 7, this is where it gets interesting.
button 6 "xr rev" [cross reference reverse] once you've pulled a list, pressing this button will create a new list that finds all songs that reference these tracks.
example track A on deck, pull its list as normal, tracks B,C,D are known to follow [you stickied them] press xr rev, it will pull a new list for all songs known to go before B,C,& D, so suggestions of what might work with 1 degree of separation.

button 7 "xr 2pass" [cross reference 2nd pass] similar to button 6 except it searches forward, example track A on deck, pull its list as normal, tracks B,C,D are known to follow [you stickied them] press xr 2pass, it will pull a new list for all songs known to go after B,C,& D,

there are 2 more buttons I am hesitant to add,
playlist mark, [links a playlist] so in a playlist track 2 is linked to track 1, track 3 is linked to track 2, track 4 linked to track 3 etc
link all [links everything in the browser with everything in browser]

I'm hesitant because there is no undoing and pressed at the wrong time could make a real mess of any work you've done before.
[I could add "Are You Sure" confirmation]

X64 version available in app, and already I sent out x86 to the few people who added in to the beer fund.

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 4:31 am
Please make a video explaining this add-on.... and maybe populate the comment tag instead of grouping?

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 9:34 am
A video would be harder to follow, both subtitles and what's happening on screen.
what are you not getting?

use comment as data store would have to be a one off custom build, truth be told you'd be better off changing your grouping delimiter from ";" to "|" that way it would work as is, and would also use the data you've manually added to grouping.

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 11:21 am
locodog wrote :
A video would be harder to follow, both subtitles and what's happening on screen.
what are you not getting?

use comment as data store would have to be a one off custom build, truth be told you'd be better off changing your grouping delimiter from ";" to "|" that way it would work as is, and would also use the data you've manually added to grouping.

Using MediaMonkey it automatically adds ";" when I use multiple grouping tags. But Ive giving up on using this add-on and just continue using my compatible filter folders.
And being that I would prefer the comment area I figured since I can add the same input in MediaMonkey to the comment area Ill just do it in MediaMonkey.
I see the tags it adds but recalling the tracks isnt working.

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 8:47 pm
Just starting to play with Sticky.. very cool !

And Sticky works well with tracks that are on local HDs, does not find those from Tidal or BeatPort Link, when clicking, the list button, even though they have been recorded and written to the tags grouping field.

2 examples:
1) if the only "following" track, is from BPL, nothing appears when the LIST BUTTON is pressed, even though the track is in the search DB.

2) If there are 3 following tracks stored by Sticky, and one is from Tidal, and 2 are on a local drive, pressing the LIST button, brings up only the 2 local tracks in the browser.

Is this an issue of path? and not being found? The tracks are in VDJ data base.
Or am I missing something?

So far could be very cool it only the offline tracks could also be found.

----------------------
PS I do have search by the File Name, field, included in search, see photo:

-----------------------

OR, is this, as I suspect an issue that one cannot search by filename from the main, (Root) of the offline sites, but CAN search by file name once inside a playlist of the offline sites?

Can this tweak be added to Sticky? (if it cannot be corrected at its source, in VDJ or by the providers.)

here are 2 videos . searching for filename: bp12697768 (which is in my VDJ Database) in BeatPort Link search:

1) searching in Main search: (NOT FOUND)
https://gyazo.com/9c965479c190c84ee0df293715e07ba6

2) doing the same search, within a playlist.. (WORKS)
https://gyazo.com/01fddba02e778c1ee94c4841e8f46f40

Identical result with Tidal, when searching for file name.

I will also post this issue in a separate thread. (until now didn't matter, since if I was searching for a filename, I would NOT do it from the main search, but is an issue, if it affects the usefulness of Sticky)

Posted Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 9:32 am
it's a filename issue, I'll think on it.

Posted Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 11:29 am
Update: Also checked, Files locally cached BPL tracks (of the 1000 allowed) also do not appear, among the listed tracks, when the LIST button is pressed.

Let me know if there is any additional info that would help.

Posted Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 11:43 am
For some time now I have been looking for a way to connect tracks to each other, and yesterday I found this addon that does what I was looking for.
Thanks, I'm grateful...

Posted Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 12:47 pm
No worries, I'm glad people find it useful.

Posted Wed 06 Apr 22 @ 2:16 pm
minor update 1.0.7 [currently pending dev review] will also link content from streaming services. :)

Posted Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 3:46 pm
Thank you Locodog.. .

so love this created addon.. and now so looking forward to using it with the new update..

woot ! !

Posted Sun 10 Apr 22 @ 11:02 am
Look like update is live.
Thanks to the reviewer.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 22 @ 9:32 pm
Lovin the New Sticky.. works so amazingly well !! Thank you.

Wondered if it is possible to add an eighth, back-button to Sticky... to take one back to the location one was in before using Sticky.. in a similar way that, when one has finished a search .. clicking the (X), in the search field, takes one back to Virtual folder/Online folder etc, that one was in before the one did the search. (the VDJ back-button will not take one back, to the initial folder, if one had used more then one Sticky button)

Is there another way to accomplish the return to the original folder one was working in?

-----------
as a work around: (which didn't work)
Have tried moving the filter folders to different locations (close to the Virtual Folder being used, not ideal).. to make it quicker to navigate back to the initial folder .. and Sticky just creates a new sub-filter (named sticky) in the Filters folder, and NOT using the moved filter.

------------
UPDATE:
To clarify.... a typical work flow might be:

1) Working within at Virtual Folder created for an event..
2) Playing a track that one knew had been Sticky-ed as great following track.
3) Use Sticky to find it. and also peak at those tracks one degree of separation, forward and back.. (buttons 6 and 7)
4) Load the new track, .....yay ! ! .... could have not done it without... Sticky
5) Click the Stick back-button, to return to Virtual Folder created for the event.

Its the step 5) that cannot be done quickly . since Sticky opens a filter folder, (ex named sticky)...which is very far from the Event Virtual Folder one was working in,

the navigation back, takes too long, for Sticky to be successfully integrated into the above work flow, without a back-button (a quick way to return to the folder one was originally working in).

Posted Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 3:30 pm
38%