Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Track History not saving properly in notepad
Hi Guys, I run the latest VDJ on a Windows 10 Home laptop. I always turn off wifi adapter , anti virus, firewall and a lot of system settings to get the laptop running as smoothly as possible. I produce a radio show and get all my track lists from the tracklist notepad file in the vdj history folder. Everything always worked and recorded the tracks there, with all the aforementioned turned off. up until about 2 weeks ago. Now one show i will get all the correct tracks in that notepad file but then the next show i will only get a couple of the tracks i played. Recorded a show yesterday, it recorded the first track in the tracklist notepad file but not the other 15.

I have tried dvj with all the above as default, internet on and off but it is still erratic at saving the tracks. I need this info so i can send off track info to the PRS in an exel spreadsheet for artists to get royalties. I have the write history setting on in options too. Can anyone help? Thanks a million if you can.

Posted Thu 08 Apr 21 @ 4:58 pm
Basics are you have to play enough of the track to register and deck faders need to be up.

Posted Thu 08 Apr 21 @ 5:14 pm
Check "historyDelay" setting
Default value should be 45, which means that a track gets marked as played after it has been played (volume fader open and deck in normal playback state) for more that 45 seconds

Posted Thu 08 Apr 21 @ 6:04 pm
Hi Rad and Phantom, Thanks loads for your replies. Those settings are as you say they should be and all tracks played are for longer than 45 secs with the volumes tight up and the fader playing the majority of the song. Really weird how it worked liked clockwork until a couple of weeks ago. Everything in vdj works exactly as it should bar this history. Any other ideas guys?

Posted Thu 08 Apr 21 @ 8:18 pm
Anyone else got any ideas on this, still having the same problem?

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 3:25 pm
Anything special about your setup/recording process?
Like is it perhaps automix?

Havent noticed any gaps in the history file myself at least.. will see if I can reproduce somehow

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 3:36 pm
Hi Rune, Many thanks for answering. No, a normal Windows 10 home setup with latest vdj. It seems to save the first track or sometimes too but not the rest. Up until about 3 weeks ago this had never ever been an issue. So weird. I have checked every single option too, all correct for history . Can the notepad tracklist part become corrupted maybe? I literally have run out of ideas.

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 8:31 pm
rams1884 wrote :
Can the notepad tracklist part become corrupted maybe? I literally have run out of ideas.

Not to my experience, but you could always try rename the tracklist.txt file, as a backup..
then let VirtualDJ create a new fresh one...
But doubt that is it, cause you say some songs write to the file...

Could be write permissions in theory if copied over from other computer etc etc.
But since some songs log, the file itself should be fine..

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 9:46 pm