Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: What do I lose (plugins, features etc.) going from 32 bit Virtual DJ 8 to true 64 bit 8 or 2021? Are either more stable?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I at some point did the automatic download to Virtual DJ 8 or 2020 from within the program whenever I was prompted to do so. It worked fine for awhile, but have been getting a lot of crashes lately, which I just submitted a trouble ticket on.

At one point I was interested in downloading the true 64 bit version, but was reluctant because it sounded complicated and I never had time to do it. I also thought I read I would lose some plugins like Tellymedia/Tellyvisuals, which I was using for streaming and recording video sets. I also sometimes used Milkdrop in video sets for audio only files instead of shaders, and I didn't think that worked on 64 bit either.

I wanted to try the new features of 2021 like the stems, but for the same reasons have not downloaded the new software, because I wasn't sure what plugins I would use.

Can someone confirm what all I would lose if I go to either the 64 bit version of 2020, or the new 2021?

What is the process to properly do the upgrade if I wanted to, and is it worth it to do so even if I lose these plugins?

What plugins replace what TellyVisuals/Tellymedia can do? I like to do a screen capture of me DJing, possibly part of the screen, plus broadcast multiple logos and show the music videos in the streaming window/video recording area, and really liked TellyVisuals for this.

I have a windows 10, 64 bit machine, ASUS brand 16GB RAM, 2GB dedicated video, 512 SSD card + 2TB HD, i7 processor.

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 8:25 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
First of all, you can install both 32bit and 64bit side by side
Tellymedia/Tellyvisual 64bit complient plugin exist
Milkdrop plugin is not already released but early version exist
early SpoutReceiver plugin can display them with external apps exposing Milkdrop through Spoutsender

what will be lost is... all the old plugins from V6 & V7 and V8 plugins not ported to 64bit as well as 32bit VSTs
Screengrab, logo, videoskins... all these are present, as well as a 64bit version of Tellyvisuals

Some intel specific processor have been reported having issues
most are working just fine, nVidia Graphic is needed to get fast stems (but Gen4 CPU mode can handle them correctly)
you may not experience any issue just installing it in addition to 32bit

Posted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 9:57 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I'm sure no
VDJ is working all 32bit and 64bit windows and and 64bit intel and ARM M1 macs as long as you have a license and is free for HOME USE only (no controller)
https://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 3:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)