Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2021 - Effects warping and distorting, restart does not help?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there, the effects on vdj2021 are distorting here really badly, to the point where I cant use the software, I have shut program down and it still continues...

reinstalled and same thing...

effects I am using are the cut, echo and jet...

windows 10, ryzen 3600, 16gig ram, geforce 1660ti graphics card, with Roland DJ-202 controller...

any ideas would be greatly received as I love VDJ over Serato but unable to use it as it sits..

Mike

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 7:01 pm
Try renaming your documets>virtualdj>settings.xml file in case something in there is causing the distortion

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 7:25 pm
thank you I just tried that, renamed it to settings1.xml on restart set effects up still get the distortion, I have increased the buffer too doesn't help.. really weird !

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 7:31 pm
So someone posted a 32bit version of vdj in the forum, ( https://www.virtualdj.com/download/pc32 )

downloaded and installed, all effects work perfectly on first inspection, shall give it a while for an hour or so now and report back..

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 8:11 pm
I am officially a moron... I worked out what was going on ...

with the cut effect.. I had the beat settings at like 1/16th which was causing it to sound terrible, upped to 1/2bt solves my issue.. so far..

Posted Fri 22 Jan 21 @ 9:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)